the12volt.com spacer
icon

BMW 556uw bypass wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
malevolent 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
Just wanted to give an update.
I'm off this Monday and Tuesday so I will be working on the car for the next two days so its going to be an early night for me tonight. I have a full audio system install going at the same time so I'm doing both. Main priority is the GTS/556UW as I have already started getting wire color dreams tackling the factory wiring for the MS8 DSP and the GTS. Once I get the GTS working Ill go back to the audio portion of it.
Thanks guys for all the info so far and putting up with me.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
No problem. Once you get it all working Please post the final wiring connections for others to reference from.
malevolent 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
Sorry for the long wait. As of right now everything is on hold. Whatever I did it stopped the car from starting with a key. I had to rip everything out and put it back to factory. The car cranks over but it won't start. I'm pretty sure it's the ews not sending a signal to the ecu (code) to let the fuel pump/starter etc function. I get the code saying that the anti theft tampering. I know you would think that if the ews lets you crank the engine that it has accepted the key but I have a feeling after the ecu gets the tampering signal from the ews that the respond code back from the ecu to the ews is not giving it the thumbs up. I tried reverting the original code to the ews but it still won't return a valid response to the ews..not sure what to do at this point
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Check your wiring between the switch and the EWS unit, bet you have either a dry joint or a break or just wired wrong.
And yes, what you thought about the engine turning over is quite correct, the immobiliser plays with the engine management.
malevolent 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
They are a lot of wires with tape hanging out, previous owner(s) had something after market hooked up that tied into the starter system. Security system/kill switch would be my guess. They didn't do a very good job on cleaning it up after removal (hacked up). I have to clean it up and start testing wires. I get very anoyed when people just hack wires and don't at least tape the ends off for some kind of safety. I will also check to see if the starter is getting a signal (post C) for the ignition (spark plugs) after testing if I don't find anything.
malevolent 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
Looks like I have to do some kind of realignment with the ews and the emc to get it talk nice to each other. Cause could be anything like trying to talk to each other without signals connected at the time or constant removal of the ews for reprogramming keys. Regardless, I have GT1 and DDS software coming in to find out what's wrong and it also has the ability to realign the email/ews. On top of that I have a constant trunk/boot dash light on so another thing to trouble shoot
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Check the switch for the second problem.
Page of 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic