the12volt.com spacer
icon

BMW 556uw bypass wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
malevolent 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
2003 BMW 330xi manual transmission
556uw
Gallo Tech push button starter 3
So I installed the push start and then I installed the bypass module 556uw.
Car won't start but it will turn on all the accessories when I use the push to start button. If I insert the key to the second position (acc), the push button works flawless. I'm assuming that it's the bypass module. I used both first and second options (both options without the module sensor ring). Second option is what I have read works with this car (European). I cut one wire from the factory sensor ring, attach the black wire to the ews side and tied the BLACK/ white and BLACK/ red to the factory sensor ring side.
My question is, does this vehicle have a key sensor and if it does which wire is it (vehicle) and if it's negative (green wire from module) or positive (violet wire from module)
Or am I missing something entirely or a better way of doing this?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Model # GTS–3 (without Remote Start) Push to Start for wire colors!
Did you put working sacrificial transponder key in box?
Made connection to the Bypass (-) status Blue turn on wire from the WHITE/ Red Disarm (GWR) of Push to start?
Connect ignition wire (Brown) from Push to start to Bypass (Pink) Ignition input also, as it may be required to keep the Bypass live while vehicle is running for BMW?
Post back if you still have problems with all the connections you have made between the Bypass, Push to Start and the Vehicle.
malevolent 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
Thank you Lurch228
Yes, a brand new transponder key and tested to work with no issues. (it was a real tight fit and I may have to retro fit the cover)
GTS-3 Connections
GTS= Red --BMW Ignition Harness =RED / Green 12 Volt Constant.
GTS= Blue ACC --BMW Ignition Harness =Purple (IGN 2).
GTS= Brown (Ign1)--BMW Ignition Harness =Green (IGN 1).
GTS= Orange (starter)--BMW Ignition Harness =BLACK/ Blue (Starter).
GTS= PURPLE / white (start enable input-)-- BMW Clutch Pedal Harness.
GTS= WHITE/ red (GWR) ---556UW=blue
556UW= jumper mode 2
556UW= antenna BLACK/ white & BLACK/ red (cut) BMW Transponder Ring side
556UW= antenna black (cut) BMW transceiver side
556UW= Black to ground
556UW= Red to constant 12volt
556UW= blue to GTS=WHITE/ red (GWR)
Pink wire has no effect with the GTS brown wire (IGN 1)
I didn't bother listing connections for door locks/trunk unless you think it may help.
I was pretty sure I tested the ACC/IGN1 on the vehicle with a volt meter but on paper is sure looks like its backwards...That would be the first thing Ill check and the second is possibly the clutch pedal - PURPLE / white may have been connected to the wrong wire of the 4 available...no info on which one is a negative trigger
let me know what you think....its a midnight project after work so lack of sleep and light may contribute to my mental handicap
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Foot Brake is needed to enter start mode for the push to start system.
Don't see where you have it as being hooked up to the push to start?
C3/18 BLACK/ White FootBrake input (+12v)
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Also need to hook up C3/13 White (Option 2) to additional relay to power the Ign 2 and hook up the Blue ACC wire to vehicle ACC wire for proper operation.
malevolent 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
Well I tested both wires IGN 1 and IGN 2 on the car, and they are both constant 12 volt when the engine is on. I switched them, I treated bmw IGN 1 as GTS ACC and bmw IGN 2 as GTS IGN 1. Same outcome.
There is only 5 wires to work with.
RED / green and RED / blue = constant 12 volts
Starter = BLACK/ blue
Ignition 1 = Green
Ignition 2 = Purple
I am wondering if setting some of the functions on the GTS (Manual transmission) need to be turned on/off (ignition 2 off/on during engine start). Not sure if it matters since I didn't use/have that option.
malevolent 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
sorry I was posting before I saw your reply
I will hook up the brake again (BLACK/ white...wasn't sure if that was just an automatic transmission safety issue.
Nothing I have read or found lists an acc in a wiring diagram which is why its confusing and both ign1 and ign2 are testing like an acc (key in position 2) as an acc and both are constant when the engine is running (position 3).
I'm off to do the foot break and get a relay ready for ignition 2
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Directwire
2003 BMW 3 Series - North America
Remote Start, Security, Keyless Entry, Accessories
Item     Wire Color    Polarity   Wire Location
12 Volts RED / green and RED / blue + ignition harness
Starter BLACK/ blue + ignition harness
Ignition green + ignition harness
Second Ignition purple + ignition harness
Power Lock blue/red - 54 pin plug, pin 22 at general mod
Power Unlock WHITE/ black - 54 pin plug, pin 20 at general mod
Lock Motor white (any one of 5) 5wi 54 pin plug at general module
Driver Unlock Motor blue 5wi 54 pin plug, pin 35 at general mod
Passenger Unlock Motor (chassis ground)   
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock   
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock   
Parking Lights (-) see Tech Doc 1055   
Left Front Door Trigger RED / blue + 54 pin plug, pin 18 at general mod
Dome Light comes on with unlock   
Trunk/Hatch Pin WHITE/ brown - driver kick panel
Hood Pin PURPLE / green - 26 pin plug, pin 7 at general mod
Trunk/Hatch Release gray/green + 54 pin plug, pin 17 at general mod
Tachometer black ac diagnostic plug
Speed Sense YELLOW /GREEN ac instrument cluster, 26 pin plug, pin 19
Brake Wire BROWN / gray or BROWN / white (funct with ign on only) + brake pedal switch
Horn Trigger PURPLE / blue + horn relay
Left Front Window (Up/Down) see notes   
Sun Roof (Open/Close) see notes   
Notes:
1. Power Lock_The general module is a white box located behind the glove box. The 54 pin plug is the center plug, and the 26 pin plug is the one on the left.
2. Power Unlock_The general module is a white box located behind the glove box. The 54 pin plug is the center plug, and the 26 pin plug is the one on the left. On some models, unlock may require a double pulse.
3.Lock Motor_The general module is a white box located behind the glove box. The 54 pin plug is the center plug, and the 26 pin plug is the one on the left.
4.Driver Unlock Motor_The general module is a white box located behind the glove box. The 54 pin plug is the center plug, and the 26 pin plug is the one on the left.
5. Parking Lights (-)_Need to remove the light switch module from the dash and pop off the front cover. A ribbon cable which connects the switch to the module will be exposed. With the switch facing towards you, you need to interrupt the fourth wire from the left with a relay. When interrupted the parking lights will comes on.
6. Left Front Door Trigger_The general module is a white box located behind the glove box. The 54 pin plug is the center plug, and the 26 pin plug is the one on the left.
7. Hood Pin_The general module is a white box located behind the glove box. The 54 pin plug is the center plug, and the 26 pin plug is the one on the left.
8. Trunk/Hatch Release_The general module is a white box located behind the glove box. The 54 pin plug is the center plug, and the 26 pin plug is the one on the left.
9. Tachometer_The diagnostic plug is on the passenger side of the engine compartment. If the vehicle does not have the diagnostic plug then the black wire can be found at the data link connector under the driver side dash.
10. Speed Sense_It has to be a single wire. If twisted pair, do not use, it is a CAN wire.
11. Horn Trigger_The horn relay is above the general module. It is the green relay to the right of an orange relay.
12. Left Front Window (Up/Down)_Extended triggers on the door lock wires will roll the windows up/down and open/close the sunroof. Use validity channels to control.
13. Sun Roof (Open/Close)_Extended triggers on the door lock wires will roll the windows up/down and open/close the sunroof. Use validity channels to control.
malevolent 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote malevolent
The foot break BMW BROWN / white with the GTS BLACK/ white(13)and I have a relay white is hooked up again to ignition 2 BMW purple wire..no result. relay is functioning as intended. Am I not tapping into the correct ACC wire? GTS blue to BMW ignition 1 (green)?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2016 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If both Ign wires work the same with key the you will need to Enable Ign2 to Duplicate the the action of Ign1. In the Table 1 "Function Option Chart on (page 8). Set 2 to Enabled during Engine start.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic