the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806v on 2016 Toyota Sienna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mhunguyen 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
Hello Everyone
I’ve been a long time lurker in this community and I had great success installing my first remote starter 6 months ago (Viper 5706 on a Toyota Camry 2011). I am back and looking for some help with a new installation – a 2016 Toyota Sienna and Viper 5806V. I have the following connections mapped out and was hoping to get some feedback from the community and hoping to get my questions resolved.
Car – Toyota Sienna 2016 (H Key)
R/S – Viper 5806V
Bypass – ADS ALCA (used wiring diagram 9)
Viper 5806v on 2016 Toyota Sienna -- posted image.
Questions
1)For the auto headlight turn off feature in the case when I start the car and not actually end up driving the car, I have the following option to turn off auto headlights.
     1) Use relay connection above – can I get confirmation from this connection, I am not quite sure if I am using the correct ground from the R/S
     2) Or I Could Connect the Viper’s Rearm Output to the Sienna’s Driver Door. I know the Sienna’s Driver Door Output is Pink (-) on the Body ECU, but which wire from the Viper do I Connect this to?
2) If I want operate the sliding doors when the engine is on, which connections do I make or remove?
3) Is the above wire connections correct?
Thanks and really appreciate the help, great community.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
mhunguyen wrote:
Hello Everyone
Car – Toyota Sienna 2016 (H Key)
R/S – Viper 5806V
Bypass – ADS ALCA (used wiring diagram 9)
Questions
1)For the auto headlight turn off feature in the case when I start the car and not actually end up driving the car, I have the following option to turn off auto headlights.
     1) Use relay connection above – can I get confirmation from this connection, I am not quite sure if I am using the correct ground from the R/S
     2) Or I Could Connect the Viper’s Rearm Output to the Sienna’s Driver Door. I know the Sienna’s Driver Door Output is Pink (-) on the Body ECU, but which wire from the Viper do I Connect this to?
2) If I want operate the sliding doors when the engine is on, which connections do I make or remove?
3) Is the above wire connections correct?
Thanks and really appreciate the help, great community.
1 If you want the headlights to turn off after R/S shutown you need to use a Ground pulse output like the RAP or Rearm to turn lights off not a direct ground like the Ground on the 6 pin.
2. Since the sliding doors don't operate when engine is running use the standard connections for control. Connect to R/S Aux outputs to control sliders, Also applies to the Trunk/Hatch.
3. What you have posted looks right. Other that the relay 85 ground to 6 pin.
You didn't list whether you are using W2W or Data between the R/S and bypass, and what functions are supported by the bypass in you chosen install type.
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
lurch228 wrote:
1 If you want the headlights to turn off after R/S shutown you need to use a Ground pulse output like the RAP or Rearm to turn lights off not a direct ground like the Ground on the 6 pin.
2. Since the sliding doors don't operate when engine is running use the standard connections for control. Connect to R/S Aux outputs to control sliders, Also applies to the Trunk/Hatch.
3. What you have posted looks right. Other that the relay 85 ground to 6 pin.
You didn't list whether you are using W2W or Data between the R/S and bypass, and what functions are supported by the bypass in you chosen install type.
Hi Thanks for the reply.
I will be using Data between the R/S and Idatalink.
Not sure if I understand 100% of what you are saying, so let me explain in my own words to see if you could confirm.
1) For Auto Head Lights to turn off after remote start shut off, I could wire it like the relay or not make any connection and just re-arm the starter to turn it off.
2)Door sliders do not work when the engine is running, so I need to connect the Viper's Aux Out to control sliders. Note sure which wire in the vehicle to connect the Aux Out wire to . Quite confused, and don't know how to wire the r/s to the car for this feature to work when the engine is running
3) Will be using D2D and the bypass support the following features for the Toyota Sienna.
*Available only when ignition is off.
**Available only if vehicle is equipped with factory hood switch
Thanks
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Check kreg357's post for the 2015 if you haven't already should be the same as yours.
2015 Toyota Sienna H Key Remote Starter Install
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You will not need to wire any functions that can be done thru Data in his post that the ADS ALCA can do.
Other than the Trunk/Hatch and sliders if you want them to work when engine is on.
Test all wires with a Digital Multi Meter before making quality connections.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
According to the 2015 tutorial pulsing the (-)Drivers door pin will shutdown the lights. You shouldn't need the relay for this as wiring the Rearm direct to door pin will be fine.
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
lurch228 wrote:
According to the 2015 tutorial pulsing the (-)Drivers door pin will shutdown the lights. You shouldn't need the relay for this as wiring the Rearm direct to door pin will be fine.
Yes i check Kreg's post, and it got me through the majority of my connections.
Which wire from the viper's remote starter do i connect to the door pin wire?
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
lurch228 wrote:
You will not need to wire any functions that can be done thru Data in his post that the ADS ALCA can do.
Other than the Trunk/Hatch and sliders if you want them to work when engine is on.
Test all wires with a Digital Multi Meter before making quality connections.
Could you tell me which connection do I need to do for the Trunk/Hatch and Sliders as I do want them to work when the engine is on. Sorry I'm quite illiterate when it comes to this.
Thanks
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You would use the AUX 2 for Trunk/Hatch (Wire color and location not given in the pictorial), AUX 3 for drivers slider, and AUX 4 for passenger slider all direct wired to R/S. As they are just triggers from the internal switches to Body ECU.
NOTE: Trunk/Hatch wire color can be found at the internal switch and then connected at the switch or test for the same wire color at the Body ECU with DMM while operating the switch.
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2016 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mhunguyen
lurch228 wrote:
You would use the AUX 2 for Trunk/Hatch (Wire color and location not given in the pictorial), AUX 3 for drivers slider, and AUX 4 for passenger slider all direct wired to R/S. As they are just triggers from the internal switches to Body ECU.
NOTE: Trunk/Hatch wire color can be found at the internal switch and then connected at the switch or test for the same wire color at the Body ECU with DMM while operating the switch.
Great, so just direct connect the aux 2, aux 3, aux 4 wires from the Viper's 24 Vehicle's Left Slider, Right Slider and Trunk/Hatch. Now ALl i have to do is get the right wire from the Body's ECU using a DMM.
I am still a bit confused with the auto head light connection. could you ELI5(Explain like I'm 5 years old)?
Thanks a bunch!!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic