the12volt.com spacer
icon

Astroflex control module issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
helipro 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2016 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote helipro
Hey guys,
I have a 2004 Toyota Tundra my old remote starter crap the bed on me right when winter ended thank goodness haha!! Anyways I justt finished programming a new astrostart remote starter all the functions work from unlocking to locking but when it try's to start it turns over and runs for about a second then the engine quits on me.
    The Astroflex control module little led light with the 9 switches beside it blinks 12 times after attempting to start the engine. I looked it up in the code section of the manual it says the engine is over revving when it attempts to start??
   Any feedback or solutions on this problem would be much appreciated! It's getting to be that time of the season would love to fix this problem before the snow flies. Thanks!!
helipro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2016 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote helipro
Forgot to mention that the old astrostart remote starter was working just fine.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Did you learn the tach to the new unit?
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
If I remember correctly, switch on dip switches 1,4,5,6 while running then step on the brake for auto tach learn. Or is it 1,5,6,7? If you get it right, the park lights will flash the amount of cylinders learned.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Are there any settings to select the number of cylinders by default or manually?
helipro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote helipro
Hey guys, thanks for all the replys lots of help!! I finally found the manual for the control module online and that's exactly what I did I switched the dip switches up on 1,5,6,7 with the engine warmed up and running pressed the brake to reprogram the rpms and tach i guess?? The module makes a clicking noise and the running lights blinked twice I pressed the brake again to get out of program mode and it worked. I guess the rpms were out of sync. Thanks again guys!! Cheers!!!
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Sometimes that happens that the Tach doesn't program right the first time. But glad to hear its all working.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
lurch228 wrote:
Are there any settings to select the number of cylinders by default or manually?
There is, but it's a combination of dip switches that I will never remember. The auto learn works great if the car is warmed up and idling.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Never used a Astroflex before so not too familiar with them.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic