the12volt.com spacer
icon

Central Locking wires in alarm harness?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nidish 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
Hey guys, need your help once again. I've looked at purchasing an alarm from china. The thing is in the wiring diagram, there is no - lock/unlock wire, there is 6 wires for central locking. My car, a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer already has central lock. I want to add central locking. How would I do it/know which wires to use? Thanks.Central Locking wires in alarm harness? -- posted image.
Also how would I wire the starter kill?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
It has internal SPDT relays with coils 85 and 86 direct connected to board and 30 (common),87 (NO), and 87a (NC) wired outputs.
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
Ok mate, so based on the fact that my car being an asian make which uses negative door lock/unlock, which wires out of the six will I use to make keyless entry work? Or this alarm system is not compatible with my vehicle?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
With central locking (relay style) You will need to provide the lock/unlock source. which is ground for your vehicle. Wire 30 (common) to vehicle door lock wires, and 87 to Ground for each.
Orange, White, and Yellow are one set and the added black to the colors is the other set. Since your diagram doesn't label them you will need to test which 2 are connected at rest(NC) the other set of 3 will be the same just for the other lock function. Test with DMM on continuity for connected pair out of each set of 3 wires that will be 30 and 87a. Then operate the locks for the pair that are connected when lock/unlock is operated. The wire that tests connected in both at rest(NC) and operation is commom 30. Only 30 can be connected to 87 or 87a, 87 and 87a will never test connected together in at rest or in operation.
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 4:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean. Here is a better diagram I got from the seller:
Central Locking wires in alarm harness? -- posted image.
And here is my wiring for my car:
|       ITEM      |     WIRE COLOR     |POL|       WIRE LOCATION        |
|  12V|white|+ |ignition harness |
| STARTER|BLACK / YELLOW        |+ |ignition harness |
|        IGNITION|BLACK/ white        |+ |ignition harness |
|        ACCESSORY|blue/black |+ |ignition harness |
|       POWER LOCK|purple  |- |driver kick panel  |
|     POWER UNLOCK|lt. green  |- |driver kick panel  |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|GREEN / WHITE        |   |wht plug bottom of fuse box |
|     DOOR TRIGGER|white|- |wht plug bottom of fuse box |
| DOME SUPERVISION|use door trigger    |   | |
| TRUNK/HATCH PIN|GREEN/ orange        |- |light in trunk  |
Hoping you could help me a bit more :)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK take a meter and have a means of powering the alarm before you install it.
Disarmed there will be pair of wires that are common.
Armed another pair.
On arm one of those two pairs will join to the previously unconnected for 0.8 of a second.
Those two, one to ground (earth/mass) other to lock wire.
Repeat for disarmed.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
And you won't be using parking lights, use the direction indicators,
steering column or floor loom, GREEN/ YELLOW and GREEN/ black, again test.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Just had a proper look at the diagram, orange and ORANGE / black to ground (earth/masse).
Then either yellow is lock and yellow/black unlock or vice versa.
Don't use white and WHITE/ black.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@ Howie II Am I Mistaken or isn't the White and WHITE/ Black the common (30)?
At least that's what the second wiring diagram he posted lists in the upper right hand corner.
So the Orange and ORANGE / Black are not used.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You're right, disregard above,
White and WHITE/ black to lock and unlock (test to see which is which, one will go to earth/ground/masse{why am I stating this, you're as much from Mauritious as me!} on lock, the other unlock.
Connect yellow and yellow/black to a good ground and don't use orange and ORANGE / black
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic