the12volt.com spacer
icon

Command start cs310i, 01 Duramax

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blaster45 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blaster45
I have a 01 duramax with the command start and astroflex. I couldn't figure out how to program it with the original gm fob so I bought a fob with just the I and II buttons on it. I tried to program that fob and it won't work. I flashed the hoodpin an turned the key on and off an just the I button an it turns off the brake lights but it won't do anything after that. I'm looking for the programming manual or any help. I'm not sure which little switches on the astroflex need to be on between 1-9.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Forum site search found this!
Programming sheet
blaster45 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2016 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote blaster45
I tried that programming steps but can't even get past the first step. It just doesn't do anything. Am I just missing a step?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2016 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Verify that hood pin is grounding and isn't corroded not making contact.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2016 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Try this for programming remotes.
- open the engine hood and then hold down the hood pin switch for 4 seconds
- release the hood pin and then push it down again when the park lights are on. The park lights should stay on for 20 seconds. You have this 20 seconds to program the rest of the module.
- Leaving the hood open and the while the park lights are on from the first steps, turn the ignition switch on and off (without starting the engine)
- Then hold the lock button on the transmitter down till the park lights flash five times.
The programming is now complete and the transmitter should work.
Also try this.
To program the remote you need to flash the hood pin and then put the key in the ign and turn it to the run position, then off and then hold lock on the remote. the parking lights will flash to confirm.(3 or more times I forget)
to flash the hood pin you need to hold the hood pin down, release it and then quickly tap it down again. If it is done correctly then your parklights will remain on for approx 30 secs. If at anytime during this process you press the brake then you must restart.
if you need anymore clarification let me know. Orr if once you do this you find that the car will not r/s start then you have to re-learn tach.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Setting run time.
You will need an LED hooked up to program run time.
1. Place key in ignition and turn on (Not start)
2. Press Start button on the transmitter (LED will turn on)
3. When the LED turns off Press the Lock Button. (LED will turn On)
4. When the LED turns off Press Lock and Start Together (LED will turn on)
When LED turns off Press and hold Lock Button until you see one flash and a pause then one flash again. Relese Buttons on transmitter.
5. The LED should flash 2 times pause and 2 times again
This means it is set for -23C and 15 minute runtime.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2016 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Here's a video about programming remotes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF_AfWNPiME

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic