the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Nissan Altima pts /aps 997 e

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Hello looking for a little help . Working on a 2013 Altima with intelli key push to start . Installing prestige aps 997 e . Flashed flcan for Dbi and selected data mode . Wired tach off aps 997 e to flcan purple with white per instructions . When I try remote start park lights flash 7 times like it's not receiving tach . I can't seem to program tach to dbi which might fix the problem . Any ideas would help thanks 😄 How do you change tach to dbi mode with push to start car
bat9905
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Have you tried to enter programming following the instruction?
Pushing the vehicle start button with your foot "not" on the brake should turn on (ACC), pushing it again should turn on (IGN) Push again to turn off. Should keep cycling through each position each time you press the button.
1) Turn the ignition key to the on position.
2) Press and release the valet/programming switch 3 times (Siren Chirps Once).
3) Turn the ignition key off then on. (Siren Chirps 2 Times)
4) Turn the ignition key off then on. (Siren Chirps 3 Times)
5) Press the pushbutton switch once to advance to feature 1, twice to advance to feature 2, etc. then use
the lock button of the transmitter to select the feature setting.
Example for Push to Start to set engine input check to DBI Tach:
1) Turn the ignition to the on position. Press Start Button 2 times.
2) Press and release the valet/programming switch 3 times (Siren Chirps Once)
3) Turn the ignition off, then on. (2 Chirps) Press Start Button 3 times.
4) Turn the ignition off then on. (3 Chirps) Press Start Button 3 times.
5) Press the pushbutton switch five times to advance to features 5, Input Check, then use the lock button
of the transmitter to select three chirps, "DBI Tach"
6) To exit the programming mode, turn the ignition off more than 6 seconds. Siren sounds a short
chirp followed by a long Chirp.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If it still gives 7 flashes after setting to DBI Tach then do Tach learn:
TACH RATE PROGRAMMING:
1. Turn the ignition key to the On position.
2. Press and release the valet/program push button switch 3 times.
3. Immediately turn the ignition key Off.
4. Press and hold the valet/program push button switch, then start the vehicle using the key.
5. When the unit senses the tach signal, the parking lights will begin to flash.
6. Release the valet/program pushbutton switch. The parking lights will turn on for three seconds to
indicate that the learned tach signal is stored and the unit is out of the tach learn mode.
NOTE: If the unit fails to learn tach rate due to an improper tachometer connection or a poor tach source,
the parking lights will not flash. To correct this situation, locate and connect the GREEN/ Orange wire to
the proper tach signal, and then repeat the tach learn routine.
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
I'll try that . Thanks
bat9905
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
No problem.
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Ok after following diagrams and pins provided by idatalink I've determined I have wrong ignition wire and accessory wire . Both should measure 12 volts respectively with dmm . I fixed those 2 wires and now it's going into program bank one but not bank 2 or 3 . Prior to that I know ignition wire I pulled from control mod behind cluster was not correct . I noticed the led on prestige would stay on even when vehicle was running . Not sure what else to do to change tach if I can't get to bank 3 . Am I doing something wrong ? I've never done a pts vehicle but it should work the same as a standard key
bat9905
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Additional 3 start button presses is not advancing to the next bank.
Start button
STARTING/STOPPING THE ENGINE
Depress the brake pedal.
• If the brake pedal is not depressed, pushing the
ignition switch once enters the ACC mode.
• If the ignition is pushed a second time, the vehicle
will enter the ON mode.
bat9905 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Looking at the diagram again maybe I shouldn't have wired tach . It show d2d takes care of that . Has anyone had a hard wire tach from module to rs unit cause problem .
bat9905
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Are you waiting for the confirmation of bank 1 before trying to advance to bank 2 and so on?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2016 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
bat9905 wrote:
Looking at the diagram again maybe I shouldn't have wired tach . It show d2d takes care of that . Has anyone had a hard wire tach from module to rs unit cause problem .
It can and has been a issue before. Only hook up the functions that don't work thru D2D. If a functions is supposed to work via D2D and doesn't then wire it!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic