the12volt.com spacer
icon

Scytek Remote Replacements

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sharcnetusa 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sharcnetusa
Hi, I have a Scytek Galaxy 2000RS 2W with AM remotes. These are the remotes with the LCD display and with the lock and car key buttons on the front. I am looking for a replacement remote.
At one time, I thought that I read that the remotes with the lock and unlock buttons on the front with the LCD display would not be compatible. Is this correct?
I would appreciate if anyone knows about this and if what options are out there.   Thanks!
Scytek Remote Replacements - Last Post -- posted image.
Scytek Remote Replacements - Last Post -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2016 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
The compatibility can change but if the FCC ID is the same it should work. The FCC requires that the coding and Frequency be tested and registered with them before it can be used in the US. Any change to the coding or Freq. would require a new FCC ID number to be issued.
These below are supposed to be compatible with you system. And the remote with the key is part of a Astra 777 alarm. As always newer remotes can be backward compatible to older systems.
So mileage may vary! They also sell Antenna/Remote upgrade kites that may work with your system.
Scytek T5-2W-KIT ( Kit with antenna)
ScyTek GXY-2W-1 (GXY-2W1)(Kit with antenna)
Scytek / Astra Electronics (Remote only)
Part #: 2W-AM-LU (Remote only)
AM Frequency: 433 MHz
5 buttons
2-way LCD remote
Compatible with the following systems:
Astra-777
Galaxy 5000RS-2W
Galaxy 2000RS-2W
Astra 1000RS-2W
Astra 4000RS-2W
Galaxy 5000RS-2W-1
Galaxy 2000RS-2W-1
Astra 1000RS-2W-1
Astra 4000RS-2W-1
And
Scytek T5-2W Replacement Carbon Fiber LCD Remote Control for Astra 777, 1000RS-2W, 4000RS-2W, Galaxy 2000RS-2W, 5000RS-2W

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic