the12volt.com spacer
icon

What do these wires do? Chinese Alarm System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nidish 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
What do these wires do? Chinese Alarm System -- posted image.
I need info for wires:
9-Pin Harness
Green
VIolet
Blue/White
2-Pin Harness. the one that says electrical safety
Green
Orange
Wiring for my car:
2002 LANCER WIRING DIAGRAM
12 V (+) WHITE STEERING COLUMN
STARTER 1 (+) BLACK / YELLOW STEERING COLUMN
IGNITION 1 (+) BLACK/ WHITE STEERING COLUMN
ACCESSORY 1 (+) BLUE/BLACK STEERING COLUMN
HORN (-) YELLOW STEERING COLUMN
POWER LOCK (-) YELLOW DRIVER’S KICK
POWER UNLOCK (-) LIGHT GREEN DRIVER’S KICK
PARKING LIGHTS (+) GREEN / WHITE WHITE PLUG, FUSEBOX
DOOR TRIGGER (-) WHITE WHITE PLUG, FUSEBOX
DOMELIGHT USE DOOR TRIGGER
TRUNK TRIGGER (-) GREEN/ ORANGE AT LIGHT IN TRUNK
BRAKE (+) GREEN BRAKE PEDAL PLUG
TACH BLACK / YELLOW COIL PACK
Hoping I could DIY it for my car.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
9-Pin Harness
Green (-) Domelight Supervision        
VIolet (+) Domelight Supervision
Blue/White (-) Door trigger
2-Pin Harness. the one that says electrical safety
Green Lock
Orange Unlock
Now you will need to test the functions to make sure they work as expected.
Putting ground to negative inputs should trigger the function.
Negative outputs will test continuity to ground when activated. (Either a pulse or steady state)
Positive out puts will test +12v with DMM to ground.
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
Thank you lurch228 :) I've figured all of those wires. Man those chinese manuals are real difficult to understand. basically have to decipher them.
Only thing bothering me now is, on top left of the 1st pic, it's written function selection, what does that mean?
I'm a bit skeptical about these chinese alarm, do you think I should install the starter kill, or is it more trouble than benefit in the long run? If my remote stops working, can I use valet switch to dis-arm the alarm and still start my car when the starter kill is active?
So for the wiring of the starter kill, Orange goes to 85, ignition to 86, 30 to starter solenoid and 87a to key side of starter? Do I need a diode/resistor?
On 9-Pin Harness,
what does BLACK/ White(-), Channel 3 for?
Lastly, I want to keep the install neat, can I run 12v constant from ignition harness? Don't want to run wire from battery.
Once again, thank you for helping me lurch228
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Should be the same as the programming button.
Mileage may vary on the longevity of the unit. You could get a good one that will last or not.
It has a sequence that will disable the alarm with the key and the valet switch. Don't know what it is for the Chinese models. Part of the instructions to disable it is in you last PIC.
If not and you want to have starter kill and not have to worry about getting stranded if it quits.
Orange should be GWA(Ground When Armed)You can test to make sure.
Do a "Basic Starter Kill" instead of a "Normally Open Starter Kill"!
Wire 86 to "IGN" and 87a to key side starter wire, 30 to starter motor side. 85 to orange, don't forget to diode across 85 and 86 band towards 86.
This way in the event the system dies you just have to pull the alarm plug that contains the orange wire to remove the coil ground from the relay to get going again.
For a alarm any wire that's the same size or bigger that is +12v will work, but for alarms the battery is the preferred method.
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
And as for the Domelight supervision, given that in the alarm, it has both positive and negative wires, do it mean that it has an inbuilt relay, thus I would connect negative domelight wire to negative door trigger in my car, or will I still need to use a relay to wire it up?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
It should be able to drive the dome light direct from the alarm to door trigger.
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
It has an in built relay? I just don't want anything to go wrong with my install, being a newbie. That's why I'm trying to be safe by getting as much knowledge as possible.
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
For the starter interrupt, I saw on the page of starter interrupt, there is no diode for the install, here's the pic
Why you recommend I install a diode? Or is it not necessary?
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
Oh, or is the diode in built in the relay, across 87?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Diode is a must to avoid any surges. Diode is connected to 85 and 86 and is shown between 87 and 87a terminals in diagram.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic