the12volt.com spacer
icon

What do these wires do? Chinese Alarm System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Your diode is fine that's what is normally used.
It would show the diode symbol on the case diagram if it had one.
There usually always on the socket crimped with the wires in the terminals.
It will work the same whether there is 1 or 2. As long as they are installed the same way band towards the Ign.(+) which by convention should be labeled 86 on relay.
Solder to the wire, unless you can release the terminals from the socket with out damaging the tang that holds them in and solder to them then insert them back in. Both ways will work. It's a matter of preference which way you do it.
nidish 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
Howie i just checked the hot topic section for domelight thread you created....my car when i open the door the domelight lights up but when i close the door the domelight goes off after like 20-30 seconds...but if i close the door and lock it then the domelight switches off immediately....based on that and my alarm having a positive and negative domelight wires and my car diagram saying to use negative door trigger to connect domelight supervision, I wire negative domelight wire from alarm to negative door trigger of the car and don't use the positive domelight wire from the alarm? Also this means i dont need a relay for the domelight supervision? Thanks for helping :)
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes to both.
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
Guys. so today I went to my local shop where the sell household electrical stuff, I saw they had wires listed as 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.5mm and so on. So I purchased the following:
5 metres of 2.5mm red wire
5 metres of 1.5mm black wire
5 metres of 1.5 mm red wire
There was a chart there and I remember for the 1.5mm it said max amp 16.
So can I use it when wiring the alarm like to extend siren/horn wire and also like connect 12v constant from alarm directly to battery? Is the wire that's used for household purpose also be used for our vehicle?
Here is a picture of the wires:
What do these wires do? Chinese Alarm System - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes that's fine, now return the 2.5 mm wire because you won't need it. By the way the length of wire on the alarm should have been sufficient to not need to buy any, just use the unused wiring!
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
Upon a quick conversion in google from mm to awg, turns out 1.5mm is 18 gauge, 2.5mm is 16 gauge. The reason I asked if i should use this type of wire that is intended for home electrical use is because on the alarm wire it's written 300v or 600v...etc on these wires nothing is written. Is there a difference between these wires and the ones that normally come with the alarm? i.e do they have difference characteristics/properties? Or they are all the same?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
More conductor wires in automotive. If those wires are single core you can't use them in a car they'll break too easily.
nidish 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nidish
Well on the receipt it's written flexible single core 1.5mm. So it's unusable?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes, don't why you bought them anyway, go to a Halfords they do smaller lengths of automotive wiring.
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic