the12volt.com spacer
icon

5706V, 2003 Honda Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flextechs 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flextechs
Greetings all. I am wondering if someone can tell me if and how I can install the Viper 5706V(RS and Alarm with LCD FOB) without using the alarm features. It was almost the same price as the 4706V(remote start only w/LCD FOB), so I bought it.
I have installed a 4806V(remote start only w/LED FOB) w/DBALL2 in my 2004 Honda Accord, now want to install this 5706V w/DBALL2 in my 2003 Accord. I Thought I could easily reference my last install but there are additional wires for the starter kill etc that requires 5 relays. I really do not feel I need the alarm feature and would prefer not having a bunch of relays to fail preventing my car from starting some day.
I really don't want to send it back, and I am sure the vendor doesn't want it back either. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I really didn't consider the additional wiring other then the tilt switch and horn wiring when I made my decision to purchase. Doh!
Thanks in advance for the replies.
flextechs 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flextechs
Maybe I ask that this be moved to wiring request to confirm what is needed in the heavy gauge harness? Seems like it may be a simple install. Sorry to clutter the posts.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Basically to do this you will need to use the system in Valet mode. As there is no software option to use it as only a R/S and Keyless. So the system doesn't arm with the door locks. Also the hood pin is a dual use for the alarm input trigger and R/S shutdown. If it comes out of Valet mode and the hood is opened it will flash the lights during the trigger.
For no starter kill don't cut Starter wire and only use the heavy gauge purple wire for start output, leave the green disconnected.
Leave shock sensor and siren out. Don't connect any alarm input triggers.
Everything else is wired as a R/S unit.
flextechs 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flextechs
Lurch, thanks for the reply. After further searching, I see what you are saying about the purple wire. The initial information I found showed a bunch of relays, I wasn't interested in that. But I see that, like you said, I can simply just connect the purple wire to the starter and it should operate ok. So if not in valet mode, the alarm will arm when locked, and if set off, the lights will just flash? Its a 2003 Accord, I wasn't worried about theft. It was just that the alarm model was the same price as the remote start, so I figured I would just use it, but not connect the sensor input and siren. Seems like there is a bit more to consider then I did. I suppose the factory horn won't honk when locked with this model either since it should have a siren hooked up. I hate when I complicate things. Would I be better off just getting the remote start unit instead? I just have thoughts of the siren going off at 2am on my old Accord. Any other thoughts? Thx again.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You can do horn honk using the 24 pin/16 BROWN / Black (-) 200mA Horn Honk Output to the HORN GREEN/ YELLOW ( - ) AT THE STEERING COLUMN
You will need to change the Menu 1 Security Item 10 to option 2. If you want the lock and unlock conformation with the horn.
rmotlyintrested 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rmotlyintrested
I have a chance to buy something similar. Just to clarify, do the alarm input/outputs have to be connected in order to get it working initially or can the alarm connections just be bypassed and the unit then be programmed into valet mode without those connections made? Thanks...
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
That I can think of the only alarm wire required to enter programming is the door trigger, but you can wire a push button or toggle switch to ground to do that for the (-) door trigger and not hook it to the vehicle door trigger as long as it's a Auto Trans. As the door trigger is required to enter ready mode for remote start on manual trans capable systems.
Valet mode can be done by remote.
rmotlyintrested 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rmotlyintrested
Thanks, Lurch. I would probably at least hook up the door trigger.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
The only function it will provide in R/S function is the Programming mode entry.
flextechs 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2017 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote flextechs
Greetings again Gents. I finally have had a chance to get back to trying to make this work. I think I have everything working properly but it will not run. I can arm, lock, unlock, and it cranks over, it just doesn't run. When starting, DBALL2 light is off. Call for start, DBALL2 blinks green, it cranks, then DBALL2 blinks orange about 13 times, the goes to blinking green about 13 times, then tries to crank and blinks 13 orange again. I did not use PINK/BLACK, PINK/WHITE, GREEN, VIOLET, RED/WHITE in the heavy gauge harness. I connected the pink ignition wire from the 5706V to the pink from DBALL2 to the ignition wire in heavy gauge harness. neutral safety to ground, the red power and black ground on the 5706V. DBALL2 Lt green, Orange/Red, and Yellow/Red all wired properly.   It is a pretty simple install but I don't get it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic