the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dball2 key programming problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisj000 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Hi all I decided to rip out my old alarm and fit a new viper 5305v remote start and dball2.the problem I have is the car will only remote start with the key in and turned on,when off it starts and switches straight off which leads me to believe the problem is with the key programming(I'm not convinced I did the procedure correctly)although the viper remote locks and unlocks the car.is there anyway I can reprogram the key again and when the in instuctions say key on and off then press lock and unlock does that mean Lock then unlock or lock/unlock together,I have done the shutdown diagnostics and it gives 3 flashes for tach learn I've done this and the led on the antenna turns solid blue which seems correct,if it makes any difference its wired in d2d mode,thanks Chris
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
The car is a uk Vauxhall Vectra 2006,dball2 software opl01
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
They are separate presses of the lock and unlock.
Will it remote start with the key in the ignition cylinder in the off position?
It's also possible it faulting due to seeing the programmed key data and the actual key at the same time if you R/S it with the actual Key in the off position in the cylinder.
Note: Since this unit has the capability to learn the tachometer with the analog input or through D2D from
an interface module, the unit gives confirmation as to which source the unit has learned from. If the tachometer
analog input on the system is connected to the vehicle, the D2D tachometer input is ignored. After
learning the tach and releasing the Control Center button, the system:
• Flashes the parking lights once if programmed using the analog tach wire.
• Flashes the parking lights twice if programmed using the interface module through D2D.
Important: After successfully learning Tach, a small minority of vehicle starters may over or under crank
during remote start. If such an occurrence is encountered you can fine tune the starter output time by programming
manually (see Tach Mode Starter Release in Programming System Features). Note: this feature is
programmable only with a Bitwriter.
List the connections you have made to make sure you didn't miss something.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
No it won't start with the key just in the barrel.
Viper wiring as follows
10 pin plug
Pin 2 RED / black to permanent 12v
Pin 5 red=permanent 12v
Pin 7 violet=starter car side
Pin 10 pink=ignition 1
Main 5 pin
Pin 1 red=Ground
Pin 2 brown to siren
Pin 3 red =12v
Pin 5 white= pink/white on dball2 parking lights
24pin aux plug
Pin 13= ground(was connected to yellow/black on dball but wouldn't even try to crank)
dball2 wiring as d2d
Green=sw can
Tan/black=can h
Tan=can l
All found on steering column plug
BLACK/ white rap shutdown=door pin with 560ohm resister soldered inline
All wiring done as in dball2 fitting guide,only changes I made were to the WHITE/ black to earth and the RED / black on 10 pin plug is a extra connection as it wouldn't start with out it
Just to add when trying to start the parking lamps come on and go off ,viper remote locks and unlocks the doors and car key remote arms and disarms the viper as it should.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2016 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Your missing some connections between the R/S and the vehicle, "ACC" for sure but can't get my hands on a wiring list for the vehicle here in the U.S. So can't say for sure if there are any IGN2 ACC2 or Keysense requirements that need to be meet.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Dball2 key programming problem -- posted image.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Dball2 key programming problem -- posted image.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Hope this helps
I've connected the violet wire to ignition
The pink is connected to accessory
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
That is only the required connections to work with the bypass not the vehicle side wire colors and connections to complete the install to the R/S that don't involve the bypass that need to be powered like "ACC", Keysense, "IGN2", "ACC2" if the exist and are required or not.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
I think I know where I've made the mistake the violet I've connected is the starter,on my model the stater is activated by can bus.thr pink I've connected to acc is the viper ingnition input/output so am going to swap this to where the violet is.there is an orange wire that's described as acc + output so I'm going to connect that.does this sound right.cant do it until later on today as I'm at work but hopefully that's where the problem lies.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic