the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dball2 key programming problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Violet goes to the starter motor wire from Ignition, for R/S output to starter.
If installing starter kill you would cut the starter wire and connect the green to the key side of cut starter wire and violet to motor side of the cut wire.
chrisj000 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Ok I think we have progress,I have swapped the wires so the orange acc is connected to acc and the pink ing1 is connected to ing.now when I try to remote start I get full ignition lights (which I never had before) and parking lights but doesn't crank the starter.the violet I have left unconnected for now as in my model of car the dball2 should activate the starter through can bus.now the reason I think I'm getting something right is that if I turn on the ignition with the key to position 2 and press the remote start it cranks and starts.i can then remove the key and walk away and it stays running until I press the remote button again or press the foot brake(before the engine would switch off) so I'm sure the dball and key are programmed correctly.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
1. Is the DBALL2 Flashed for With the firmware for your vehicle. As it doesn't come with the firmware already installed for you vehicle. IT has to be flashed by the seller you got it from or by you to work on tour vehicle.
2.Did you use the OEM Remote to do the DBALL2 programming and press Lock and unlock in succession?

3. Module resets when you follow the Module programming mode each time. IF it doesn't work start at step 1 again.
With the wires corrected and the Ignition coming on re-program the DBALL2 and try again.
R/S take over will work because the immobilizer has already been satisfied by the key. Which resets when shutdown therefore still no R/S due to DBALL2 programming issue. Or no CanBus starter output being supplied, Which mean hardwire the starter, it is a issue with the Opel Astra/Zafira.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
1 When I bought the dball I asked for it to be programmed and gave the make/model of my car,they said they done it and they posted it with the correct printed instructions,software version is OPL01
But I only have there word for it,I have ordered a xkloader3 so I can verify this when it arrives.
2 I think I messed up the key programming the first time but was able to unplug and start again and do it as you've described and the oem key locks and unlocks the car and arms/disarms the viper
3 I haven't tried reprogramming the key since i corrected the wiring
I'm aware of the Astra/zafira wiring they use the same dball2 software version and came with wiring instructions for that model.astra/zafira installation type 1,vectra/signum install type 2.the install type 1 instructions say to connect starter wire - to starter - which confused me a bit as I'm not aware of a - starter wire on the viper.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Dball2 key programming problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
chrisj000 wrote:
1 When I bought the dball I asked for it to be programmed and gave the make/model of my car,they said they done it and they posted it with the correct printed instructions,software version is OPL01
But I only have there word for it,I have ordered a xkloader3 so I can verify this when it arrives.
2 I think I messed up the key programming the first time but was able to unplug and start again and do it as you've described and the oem key locks and unlocks the car and arms/disarms the viper
3 I haven't tried reprogramming the key since i corrected the wiring
I'm aware of the Astra/zafira wiring they use the same dball2 software version and came with wiring instructions for that model.astra/zafira installation type 1,vectra/signum install type 2.the install type 1 instructions say to connect starter wire - to starter - which confused me a bit as I'm not aware of a - starter wire on the viper.
Violet(Purple) is the starter output side of the Starter kill, R/S output to starter is on violet wire. Green is the Cut key side of same starter wire, if wiring starter kill. Violet is used even if starter kill is not being hooked up for R/S on vehicles that need the starter wire to be powered to start.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you going to reprogram the DBALL2 do all the steps including the key.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Are you saying that I should try connecting the violet wire to the starter as the Astra/zafira type1 install?i am almost sure that the RED / black starter wire is a positive start wire and not a negative as stated in the instructions but would have to confirm this before sending 12v to it
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Managed to get to the info page of the DBALL2 and you can't R/S this vehicle with out a sacrificial key for the 556UW to disarm the immobilizer. That's why it says Key Required for Operation (1)!
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
So I need another part,is the 556uw the box you put a key in with a ring that goes round theignition barrel i if so I looked into buying one of these before buying the dball2,I'm not sure my key will fit in the box and think I read that it's not compatible with European cars.does make sense though and would explain why it's not working.also wouldn't that mean I should be able to start the car with the key just placed in the barrel I have to turn the key on to get the engine to crank
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic