the12volt.com spacer
icon

Dball2 key programming problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you have 2 keys and don't have a 3rd key I would get one.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
chrisj000 wrote:
So I need another part,is the 556uw the box you put a key in with a ring that goes round theignition barrel i if so I looked into buying one of these before buying the dball2,I'm not sure my key will fit in the box and think I read that it's not compatible with European cars.does make sense though and would explain why it's not working.also wouldn't that mean I should be able to start the car with the key just placed in the barrel I have to turn the key on to get the engine to crank
Depends on the immobilizer design some read when keysense is activated (ie Putting key in cylinder) and some read when ignition goes live (ie No crank), and some read when engine is started and the shuts down injectors and coil(s) if no transponder match (Engines run for 2 seconds) during check for match.
chrisj000 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
So something like the 556uw would solve all of this?
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
In the U.S. on most 2000+ vehicles if you have 2 master keys you can program either 2 or 3 more keys, a total of 4 or 5 keys to the system. No dealer required to add the additional keys. With the newer systems they are program once so used keys can't be programmed to a new vehicle. This ability for the owner to add additional Transponder key or FOBIK is a requirement on a least U.S. Made vehicles, not sure of Imports having to follow this rule. You just need 2 working key or FOBIK's to program a 3rd.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If it won't fit in the 556UW or similar bypass then here is the alternative.
Dball2 key programming problem - Page 3 -- posted image.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Would the relay system work on my car as the key needs to be turned to on,like the key sense you mentioned,taking the key apart and just placing the circuit board in the 556uw may be an option,also I just found this diagram for a vw install which may work
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Yes the relay will work also, the wire loops act as a amplifier.
Enlighten me on the vw install that you found.
Can you post it?
Single out the odd wires at the ignition and test to see if any go +12v or (-)ground when key is inserted to find keysense. You already know that the Transponder is 2 of the wires.
Once you find key sense you can temporally power it up and test the remote start.
I've never seen a Transponder that was switched closed When Ignition was turned on, but any thing is possible.
This is for a 2008 Sabb9.7x but is supposed to be similar don't know if the wire colors are the sane but it's worth a shot!
12volts      orange (30A)      +      trailer brake pre-wiring
Notes: If equipped, the Digital Radio Receiver is under the passenger dash, behind the glove box.
Starter      yellow      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 11
Second Starter      N/A
Ignition      pink      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 5
Second Ignition      white      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 10
Third Ignition      N/A
Accessory      orange      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 7
Second Accessory      brown      +      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 12
Notes: Must be powered up. If not, the vehicle will crank as soon as it sees ignition.
Keysense      lt. green (required)      -      ignition switch, black 12 pin plug, pin 4 or BCM, tan plug, pin E3
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the left rear seat, attached to the rear fuse box.
Power Lock      use Directed interface module
Notes: If interface module is not available, see Tech Doc 1053.
Power Unlock      see power lock
Lock Motor      gray      5 wire      rear fuse box, white 68 pin plug, pin F6
Notes: The rear fuse box is under the left rear seat.
Unlock Motor      tan      5 wire      driver window switch, gray 24 pin plug, pin B2
Parking Lights+      brown (F); brown (R)      +      rear fuse box, black 68 pin plug, pin C3; white 68 pin plug, pin E2
Parking Lights-      BROWN / white to gray/black      -      headlight switch or BCM, tan plug, pin E5
Notes: The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the left rear seat, attached to the rear fuse box.
Hazards      white      -      hazard switch, black 9 pin plug, pin 2
Turn Signal(L)      dk. green      +      turn signal switch, black 8 pin plug, pin F
Turn Signal(R)      lt. green      +      turn signal switch, black 8 pin plug, pin H
Reverse Light      lt. green      +      rear fuse box, white 68 pin plug, pin E5
Door Trigger      gray/black      -      driver window switch, gray 24 pin plug, pin A2
Dome Supervision      gray/black      +      rear fuse box, gray 32 pin plug, pin B6
Trunk/Hatch Pin      pink/black      -      Liftgate Module, white 9 pin plug, pin 6
Notes: The Liftgate Module is in the liftgate.
Hood Pin      N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release      N/A
Power Sliding Door      N/A
Factory Alarm Arm      arms on lock with door open
Factory Alarm Disarm      lt. green      -      driver window switch, gray 24 pin plug, pin A4
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Disarm No Unlock      Passkey and ignition
Tachometer      white      ac      cluster, gray 24 pin plug, pin A12 or ECM, blue plug, pin 31 or 25
Notes: The ECM (Engine Control Module) is on the upper left side of the engine (4.2L), or near the lower left front of the engine (5.3L).
Can also go to any fuel injector and use the wire that is not pink.
Wait to start      N/A
Brake Wire      white to lt. blue      +      brake switch or trailer brake pre-wiring
Notes: The trailer brake pre-wiring are 4 blunt cut wires on the harness coming thru the driver firewall.
Parking Brake      lt. blue      -      parking brake switch or rear fuse box, black 68 pin plug, pin B1
Horn Trigger      BLACK / YELLOW to black      -      horn switch or BCM, tan plug, pin E12
**Make sure to use a relay to power the 2nd accessory (and 2nd ignition if the r/s unit you use does not have a flex relay output)
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
Saab wiring is totally Different unfortunately,the floor plan braking system and a couple of the engines are almost identical though.they did do a US version of the vectra c as it's known here,It's called a Saturn I'm not sure if that's the make or model though,I've ordered a 556uw today so will give that a try.i don't know if the cars over there are the same but the transponder on my car is part of the CIM interface the airbag,wiper and turn signal stalks and key barrel are all built into this unit and is all controlled by canbus,from the main plug,I think there is a separate 2 pin plug for the transponder the pic below is the cim for my carDball2 key programming problem - Page 3 -- posted image.
chrisj000 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chrisj000
This is the rear view,it looks like there's only one plug,I'm going to try and get a pin out wiring diagram for this plug
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Thank god that most American vehicles don't have anything like that yet!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic