the12volt.com spacer
icon

Scytek Galaxy 5000RS-2W alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seamokatinas 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote seamokatinas
Hi, installed Galaxy 5000RS-2W alarm system in to a Volkswagen Amarok 2012 vehicle. All working perfect apart from remote start... Any time i hold remote start button, on pager display i`m getting message OFF, no siren chirps or light indicators. If programmed to TURBO TIMER engine runs without key no probs, but won`t do remote start in any way. Please help!!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Did you install a transponder bypass with a Sacrificial Key using a 556UW or similar bypass module that takes a vehicle key inside.
seamokatinas 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote seamokatinas
lurch228 wrote:
Did you install a transponder bypass with a Sacrificial Key using a 556UW or similar bypass module that takes a vehicle key inside.
not yet, i attached transponder chip to the column from a spare key, just for a test. But remote start doesn`t go that far, or should i say doesn`t do anything at all
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
I'm seeing a brake bypass listed , Do you have to apply the footbrake to start with the key on your vehicle?
Please list all the wires you have connected to the vehicle and the corresponding Scytek wires they are connected too!
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you hardwired to vehicle and didn't use any kind of interface bypass.
This is for reference for some of wires that need to be connected to vehicle!
*Make this connections only for vehicles with Automatic Transmission
   Footbrake Bypass* (only when the engine does not start without brake)
**Make this connections only for vehicles with Manual Transmission
Scytek Galaxy 5000RS-2W alarm problem -- posted image.
Amarok (-) Hazzard A Plug-Pin 28 BROWN / Black
       (+) Brake* A Plug-Pin 43 BLACK/ Gray
       (-) Key Lock (for type 3C) A Plug-Pin 24 BROWN / Blue
       (-) Central Lock (for type 4C) A Plug- Pin 25 BROWN / Red
*Connect this wire only when the engine does not start without brake.
seamokatinas 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote seamokatinas
forgot to mention my vehicle has manual transmission, same type Scytek alarm was installed. When starting my car i don`t need to press brake pedal or anything else... Wires connected from main harness: +, -, ignition, brake input to brake pedal, tacho, door trigger, hood, siren. Remote start harness: 2 x constant +12v wires, 2 x separate ignition wires, starter, accessory. And from 2 pin white connector on side: parking brake wire connected to hand brake, blue to a turbo timer bypass switch.
As mentioned before if system is programmed for turbo charged option, then with applied hand brake i can switch off ignition, take out keys and engine will be running for 2 minutes as suppose to, or can be canceled any time hand brake released or remote engine start button pressed. That indicates all remote starting harness connected correctly. But that`s where everything ends, as no luck with remote engine start with bypass button if programmed to turbo charge option, or with it disabled.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Also Scytek lists the following:
These Wires Must be connected :
Tachometer input
Emergency Brake (for auto trans ground to chassis)
Door Trigger
Starter harness:
Violet Starter Output      "To vehicle Ignition switch wires"
Yellow Ignition 1 Output   "To vehicle Ignition switch wires"
Orange Accessory Output    "To vehicle Ignition switch wires"
Brown Ignition 2 Output    Not used on vehicles that don't need or have 2nd "IGN"
Red +12V Battery Input #1 "+12v constant battery"
Red +12V Battery Input #2 "+12v constant battery"
>Split the Battery inputs to different sources of equal or larger size wire if available.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
And you got the?= Must Install System Made For Manual Transmission Model # 5000RS-M-DBP
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
So you upgrade to a Alarm R/S combo unit from a Alarm only?
You have properly installed a Clutch bypass relay and tested it to work?
Followed the Starter Ready Mode to prepare for R/S next time you want to Start the vehicle remotely below.
Remote Starting
With engine running and Hand-brake engaged put the vehicle transmission in neutral and remove the foot
from the brake pedal, press the remote start button on your transmitter, parking lights will flash twice
indicating Manual Start Mode is enabled, turn off the Ignition switch, the engine will remain running. Open
and close the door, the system will shut the engine Off. Using the remote Control, Arm/Lock the vehicle.
Vehicle is now ready for remote start operation.
Starter Ready Mode is canceled any time the door is opened; hand brake is released or any
other error condition.
seamokatinas 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2016 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote seamokatinas
yes mine is made for manual transmission, it says on the packaging box and main module box as well. Two separate ignition wires connected, as my car equipped with 2. Accordingly brown ignition 2 is programmed as such. Really lost here, what is missing for remote start:/ By owners manual when button 4 pressed for couple seconds should do it, but i`m keep getting message ,,OFF,,
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic