the12volt.com spacer
icon

Scytek Galaxy 5000RS-2W alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seamokatinas 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2016 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote seamokatinas
PLEASE if anyone has any info or schematic which wire is tacho on vw amarok vehicle and where can it be found, share your info. Thanks in advance!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Already answered OP elsewhere, from experience.
Spare key in 556U required. WON'T work with just chip applies also to BMW.
The only way to get tach in ANY VW diesel after 03 is to use a DB-ALL2.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If howie II says no tach with out DBALL2 then you either need to use Branch Feature 23. To Smart Sense Mode and 21. Tachless mode by setting the Crank Time to Normal. Or get a DBALL2.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 4:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Been there done that, tried the inductive tach unit (464?) all failed you can only get it via the CAN system and a DB-ALL2.
There's also Sailes Marketing and Connects 2 offering CAN conversion units in UK/Ireland but they're more expensive than a DB-ALL2 and don't offer the features. With a 556U and a DB-ALL2 this install is really easy.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2016 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I also did an add on alarm Viper 3001 type that works off the CAN system, siren, power, ground, indicators (haz) and CAN, job done.
Also if I remember you don't have to search around to find those connections as shown in the generic VW diagram on page 1 of this thread, they're on plugs to the left of the steering column (R/H/drive).
seamokatinas 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2016 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote seamokatinas
and anyone knows location and colours for the indicator wires? Have everything hoocked up to headlight at the moment but i find it not practical
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2016 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
BLACK/ green right and BLACK/ white left, steering column loom, ever heard of testing?
You've really put yourself between a rock and a hard place by not using a DB-ALL2, not too sure whether you're being deliberately stubborn or just not listening.
seamokatinas 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2016 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote seamokatinas
howie ll wrote:
BLACK/ green right and BLACK/ white left, steering column loom, ever heard of testing?
You've really put yourself between a rock and a hard place by not using a DB-ALL2, not too sure whether you're being deliberately stubborn or just not listening.
thanks for info on wires, makes life easier when someone figured out them before or has schematic. About DB-ALL2 don`t see any point yet, since there is person in australia who made a simple cheap tacho signal generator pcb, that with ignition on gives alarm a proper tacho signal to learn it. Parts cost only around $2, so will try it first once schematic and parts received. Regards using 556U confusing as friend of mine has transponder glued on 09 vw passat and remote start works without any issues
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2016 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
The DB-All2 gives you lock and unlock, door triggers, tacho possible window closure etc. Not worth using it?
seamokatinas 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2016 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote seamokatinas
howie ll wrote:
The DB-All2 gives you lock and unlock, door triggers, tacho possible window closure etc. Not worth using it?
don`t get me wrong, not saying not worth just want to prove to myself that can finish setup building small things myself.
P.S i don`t have any issues with door lock/unlock - works like it should, just need tacho wire
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic