the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Negative trigger to constant reverse polarity

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
12vlost 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2016 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 12vlost
Hi guys!
Got a project that needs some know how please?
I've picked up a keyless entry system I'm linking up to some electric deadlocks to secure the rear of my van, works great!
I'm needing to link it somehow to a linear motor, I've tried it with the motor but it only moves it fractionally both ways ( lock/unlock) I'm guessing it only holds the constant + and - briefly and long enough for a solenoid but not a motor such as the linear?
I was thinking of the two relay door locking setup which gives reverse polarity as the keyless unit also supplies a - out trigger?
Thoughts please?
Tia
12vlost 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 12vlost
Ok I wired up the relays as in two wire reversal and again it only moves the motor briefly in either direction, I think I need another relay or two to conver mom to constant?
Tia
12vlost 
Posted: October 01, 2016 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 12vlost
Got me stumped!
no one?
12vlost 
Posted: October 01, 2016 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 12vlost
There was a jumper on the keyless unit to change supply from 1 second to 5, all fixed :-)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic