the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Escape DBALL2 Programming Issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ebnub 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebnub
Hello all. Thank you in advance for any help. I'm installing a DBALL2 with DEI Remote Starter into a '08 Escape and I'm not having any luck at getting the DBALL2 to program. For reference, I'm following the following guide, and it does not have a factory alarm:
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/documents/dball-dball2-ford1_en_ig_vm20150925p.pdf
I am able to get the DBALL2 to accept both keys and flash orange repeatedly. Upon trying the final step of programming the LED continues to flash orange. I have tried both methods listed for the final step of programming. Under Type 1 where you remote start while holding the programming button the vehicle dash lights up, the immobilizer LED on the dash blinks fast as if it doesn't recognize a key in the ignition and the system shuts down. The Remote Starter signals a shutdown error for timing out. If I attempt to program under Type 2 where you apply 12v to the accessory wire my dash lights up but the DBALL2 does just the same and continues to flash orange.
Also, I cannot find a proper parking light wire. The violet/white wire in driver kick panel that wiring guides list doesn't show 12v resting or with parking lights on. I tried wiring up at the switch into a violet/gray wire that shows 12v with lights on but the system doesn't have any activity on the lights with this wire.
bogucki 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
2008 Escape DBALL2 Programming Issues -- posted image.
here is a pic of where the + park light wire is ( test wire first )
as to programming the Dball2 i would check that the rx and tx wires are connected properly
then i would reset the dball then try to program again but in the last step is says to jump power to the ign wire NOT acc wire and in type one is says not to remote start the car, just jump power to ign wire
Type 1: Press & hold the module programming button and then apply (+)12V to the vehicles ++IGNITION wire** with a jumper wire (keep holding the programming button).
boguckialex
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
you can also use the - parking light wire at the switch but you will need a relay see pic.
+ parking light IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE SWITCH 2008 Escape DBALL2 Programming Issues -- posted image.
boguckialex
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
boguckialex
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
boguckialex
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
also with programming if you have a XLloader cable and direct techs account you could try the one key programming with key2go
boguckialex
ebnub 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebnub
bogucki wrote:
here is a pic of where the + park light wire is ( test wire first )
as to programming the Dball2 i would check that the rx and tx wires are connected properly
then i would reset the dball then try to program again but in the last step is says to jump power to the ign wire NOT acc wire and in type one is says not to remote start the car, just jump power to ign wire
Type 1: Press & hold the module programming button and then apply (+)12V to the vehicles ++IGNITION wire** with a jumper wire (keep holding the programming button).
Thanks, I had been looking on the left kick panel area for that parking wire.
Sorry that was a typo on my part with the programming, I meant to write Ignition, not accessory. So, When I jump the ignition to +12v while holding the programming button nothing happens. And just to clarify, the ignition wire on the remote start is going to the WHITE/ orange wire on the car and the pink wire on the dball2 is spliced into this circuit as well.   
I've reset the dball2 and tried again a couple of times but I haven't done a hard reset since I don't have an xk loader.
Is there any chance the driver door trigger wire that needs to be cut and interuppted with the RAP on/RAP off wires can be to blame? I couldn't find a Gray/Violet wire that showed +12v with the driver door open as wiring charts say but I did find a GREEN/ Violet wire that does so I cut and wired into that one. This wire was on the bundle of wires coming directly from the drivers door. Also I couldn't tell if it mattered which RAP wire from the DBALL2 connected to which end of the cut door trigger wire.
ebnub 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebnub
bogucki wrote:
What are these wiring colors referring to? 2008 Escape DBALL2 Programming Issues -- posted image.
ebnub 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ebnub
Oh, parking lights switch. Whoops.
bogucki 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2016 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bogucki
the wire chart is to show what wire is ground if using the - parking light with relay at switch
the door pin is a - trigger not positive, who flashed the dball2 you should ask them if they can do the key2go its a easer way to program the dball but you would need to make two trips to the store that sold it to you, also the rap wire should not effect program it's used to turn off the radio and accessories if you remote shutdown the car.
2008 Escape DBALL2 Programming Issues -- posted image.,
boguckialex
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic