the12volt.com spacer
icon

5906V, '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
equalme 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2016 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote equalme
I just had a Viper 5906V installed in my '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I noticed after I left that they charged me for the DBALL2 module as well. The FJC does not have a immobilizer chip in the keys. Was it installed unnecessary or is it needed for other reasons?
Another question I have is adjusting the shock sensitivity. When I go through the settings to adjust shock, the remote beeps at me and alerts "No function assigned." I made sure all door were unlocked/closed and alarm disarmed.
Thanks for any help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2016 at 3:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The DBALL2 only handles the transponder bypass function in the FJ Cruiser, it does not handle any of the
"convenience" item like locks or door status on that vehicle. Are you sure your FJC does not have the
transponder immobilizer system? A couple of easy ways to find out :
1. Open up the dash / steering column to check the ignition switch. Look for the Black 7 Pin transponder
    plug with a Pink/Green wire at Pin 4 and a Light GREEN/ Red wire at Pin 5 ( Pin 3 will be empty ).
2. Try the aluminum foil test. Wrap the ignition key plastic head area with 5 or more layers of foil
    completely enclosing the plastic head, then try to start the FJC. If it cranks and won't start with
    a blinking security type light on the dash, you have the transponder immobilizer system.
3. Get a plain metal ignition key made at the local hardware store for $1.99. Try to start the FJC
    with it, ensuring all other keys are kept away from the ignition switch. Same symptoms as #2.
If you do #1, and find the Black 7 Pin transponder plug, you will find the DB-ALL2's connections to it.
Doing #3 will give you a spare key. If you have the transponder immobilizer system, you can hide this key
under the bumper in case of a lock-out with no worries about the key being used to steal the vehicle.
Sorry, can't help with the Viper shock adjustment as I'm not a big Viper alarm system user.
Soldering is fun!
equalme 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2016 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote equalme
Thanks! I went ahead and got a blank key made and it does start. So is it pretty certain that the shop charged me for the DBALL2 for no reason then? Where should I look to see if it was even installed at all? I saw the brain module tucked neatly in the driver footwell.
Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2016 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Well, if the FJC doesn't have the transponder, then there is no 7 Pin plug at the ignition switch or wires
for the DB-ALL's connections. Double check the ignition switch to ensure that is the case. The DB-ALL would
have to be controlled by the Viper 5906, either by the DBI D2D connection or hardwired directly to the 5906.
The best way to verify is to visually verify that there is no harness plugged into the Viper DBI D2D port and
then trace out each wire leaving the 5906 to see if it goes to the smaller DB-ALL2 module.
Or you could go back to the shop and question the bill. If the FJC can be started with all the factory keys
and the plain metal hardware store key, you have a valid question. Go to the Directed WEB site and print out
the DB-ALL2 install guide for your FJC ( https://www.directechs.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=&v=2336&ps=1&s=0&c=0 )
and bring that with you. The Type 4 diagram shows the necessary wiring and the chart on Page 3 lists transponder
as the only function ( although it does aid with Keysense and Auto Headlights ).
Soldering is fun!
equalme 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2016 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote equalme
Thanks! Finally got around to checking all the wiring and there is definitely no dball plugged into the brain nor hard wired. Will go question the shop sometime this week.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic