the12volt.com spacer
icon

Backup camera wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luniz7 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2016 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote luniz7
Back up camera wiring?
I have a 12 Camry Hybrid LE. I installed the otocam3. I've searched all the threads on backup camera wiring and can not find my answer. How do I properly wire this backup camera? The otocam3 has a Reverse trigger wire on the HU, what connects to it? I've attached a picture of the camera side and my drawing of all the wiring on it. If someone could let me know how to wire this properly I would appreciate it.
I'm guessing the red wire on the camera side goes to the 12v+ reverse wire and the red wire on the rca side goes to the HU reverse trigger while the black wire on the camera side goes to ground. Is this correct?
Attachments
Camera Camera 2
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2016 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Your guessing is accurate.
luniz7 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2016 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote luniz7
i am an idiot wrote:
Great, thanks!
luniz7 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2016 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote luniz7
i am an idiot wrote:
One other question, should I add a fuse inline between the reverse wire tap and the camera?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2016 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Are the red wires of your camera substantially smaller than the wire you tapped into? What size is the fuse for the reverse lamps in the vehicle?
luniz7 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2016 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote luniz7
i am an idiot wrote:
Are the red wires of your camera substantially smaller than the wire you tapped into? What size is the fuse for the reverse lamps in the vehicle?
Yes they are. About half the size. I haven't tapped into them yet. I haven't looked at the fuse size yet either.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic