the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5405 No start with key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mjdavis1994 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mjdavis1994
So I have a problem that's racking my brain and I was hoping you all would be able to help. The 5305 has a two way remote, and I recently installed the remote start.
It was installed a couple days ago and everything is working, arming, disarming, remote start turns vehicle on, you can do pit stops and car stays running. However when you try to start the vehicle with just the key it wont start if the vipers 5 pin harness is connected. You can jump the violet and green wires and the vehicle will start with the key so I know it isn't the ignition switch or vehicle side of problem. My thoughts were the starter kill relay however that is built into the brain of this particular unit and with just the remote start harness connected the vehicle will start or by jumping the purple and green wires as stated above.
Some details on the vehicle and remote start..
2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
V6 Coupe
IDataLink Bypass Module
(-) Input Brown - Ground
Orange - Data (J1850 OBDII pin on vehicle)
Pink - Ignition (+) input - Pink wire on remote start
Viper 5305V 2 Way Alarm and Remote Start.
Wires Connected::
10 Pin Remote Start Harness:
RED / Black - 12 Volts Constant
Pink/Black - No Connection
Pink/White - 12V in accessory, run, and during crank
Red - 12V Constant
Green - Key side of starter wire - gets 12V while cranking with key
Violet - Vehicle side of starter wire - -2.4 V while cranking with key
Orange - No Connection
RED / White - 12 Volts Constant
Pink - 12V with key in run position and during crank
5 Pin Main Harness
Black - Chassis Ground
Brown - (+) siren output
Red - (+) 12 Volts Constant
Orange (-) 500ma Ground When Armed Output (on chassis ground)
White - Parking Light Output
24 Pin Aux/Shutdown/Trigger Harness
Green - (-) door input - connected to dome light
Brown - (+) Brake Shutdown - connected to brake pedal (+)
Blue/White - activation input - NC
Violet/White - NC
BLACK/ White - (-) parking brake input - to selector switch connected to parking brake.
I say again, when you disconnect the 5 pin main harness from the viper the vehicle starts.
The vehicle is unlocked while trying to start.
The IDatalink Bypass has been programmed for this particular vehicle.
Does anybody have a clue what is going on here?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
[QUOTE=mjdavis1994] So I have a problem that's racking my brain and I was hoping you all would be able to help. The 5305 has a two way remote, and I recently installed the remote start.
It was installed a couple days ago and everything is working, arming, disarming, remote start turns vehicle on, you can do pit stops and car stays running. However when you try to start the vehicle with just the key it wont start if the vipers 5 pin harness is connected. You can jump the violet and green wires and the vehicle will start with the key so I know it isn't the ignition switch or vehicle side of problem. My thoughts were the starter kill relay however that is built into the brain of this particular unit and with just the remote start harness connected the vehicle will start or by jumping the purple and green wires as stated above.
Some details on the vehicle and remote start..
2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
V6 Coupe
IDataLink Bypass Module
(-) Input Brown - Ground    Should be hooked to (-)status output of Alarm R/S. So bypass is only active when remote starting.     
Orange - Data (J1850 OBDII pin on vehicle)
Pink - Ignition (+) input - Pink wire on remote start
Viper 5305V 2 Way Alarm and Remote Start.
Wires Connected::
10 Pin Remote Start Harness:
RED / Black - 12 Volts Constant
Pink/Black - No Connection
Pink/White - 12V in accessory, run, and during crank
Red - 12V Constant
Green - Key side of starter wire - gets 12V while cranking with key
Violet - Vehicle side of starter wire - -2.4 V while cranking with key
Orange - No Connection
RED / White - 12 Volts Constant
Pink - 12V with key in run position and during crank
5 Pin Main Harness
Black - Chassis Ground
Brown - (+) siren output
Red - (+) 12 Volts Constant
Orange (-) 500ma Ground When Armed Output (on chassis ground)   By having this wire hooked to ground you are back feeding the starter kill internal relay causing it to engauge the starter kill.
For controlling other (-)triggered devices when armed Like window module for window roll up with arm, tilt sensor ect.
White - Parking Light Output
24 Pin Aux/Shutdown/Trigger Harness
Green - (-) door input - connected to dome light
Brown - (+) Brake Shutdown - connected to brake pedal (+)
Blue/White - activation input - NC
Violet/White - NC
BLACK/ White - (-) parking brake input - to selector switch connected to parking brake.     For Manual Trans connect to parking brake for Auto Trans connect to chassis ground
I say again, when you disconnect the 5 pin main harness from the viper the vehicle starts.
The vehicle is unlocked while trying to start.
The IDatalink Bypass has been programmed for this particular vehicle.
Does anybody have a clue what is going on here?
[/QUOTE
mjdavis1994 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mjdavis1994
Thank you for the reply. I just returned home after dinner I will fix the deficiencies and update afterward.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
No problem
mjdavis1994 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mjdavis1994
Update::
Everything is working as expected with the exception of the locks locking when the alarm is armed. I think the problem lays with his vehicle though not the remote start because when you hit the interior lock no matter how many times you hit the lock button only the door you hit the trigger on locks. Thank you for the help greatly appreciated.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Door locks sounds like a door boot wiring break most commonly in the drivers side as it gets used the most.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Disconnect the orange wire from ground, it's activating the internal starter cut relay all the time.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Is there a echo in here LOL!Viper 5405 No start with key - Last Post -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 5:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Viper 5405 No start with key - Last Post -- posted image.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2016 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Viper 5405 No start with key - Last Post -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic