the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 5305p adjust shock sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Can anybody tell me how to turn up the sensitivity on said alarm. My installer is telling me it is done with the remote. Can not find any info to support his claim.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
That info is for units that have a internal shock sensor yours is external and done on the shock sensor itself.
Adjusting the Doubleguard Shock Sensor
Important! Make sure the vehicle is disarmed. The Shock Sensor sensitivity can be adjusted by using a trimmer
tool/screwdriver to turn the trimpot (trimmer potentiometer).
Trimpot
504D Doubleguard Shock Sensor
Adjusting the sensor:
1. Make sure the ignition is OFF and the system is disarmed.
2. With the sensor mounted in its permanent location, locate the trimpot on the shock sensor module and
using a trimmer tool/screwdriver:
• Turn the potentiometer clockwise for increased sensitivity or
• Turn it counterclockwise for decreased sensitivity
Note: You can test the new setting by cautiously impacting the vehicle with increasing intensity while noting
the LED status on the shock sensor. The LED turns on for a short duration for small impacts before turning
off (indicating a Warn-Away trigger). The impact level required to fully trigger the alarm is indicated
when the LED remains on for a longer duration before turning off.
Note: The Shock Sensor adjustment cannot be performed using the remote control or the Bitwriter.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Thanks, I found it. The case of the sensor is a clear plastic. There is an orange actuator mounted to the potentiometer. There is a hole in the case so you can easily access the control.
Spent a lot of time looking through manuals for this remote adjustment procedure. Once I aborted that and decided to check the sensor, 3 minutes later I was done.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2016 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Good to hear you got it sorted.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic