the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Toyota Tacoma Fprtin EVO-ONE install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tacofergie 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tacofergie
Howdy! I'm new to the remote start/keyless entry game but not new to the automotive industry by any means. I am having trouble with my installation though. I have the Fortin EVO-ONE that has been programmed, TOY2 t-harness and RX-RF1 rf kit. But it seems nothing is really working. I have the t-harness plugged in with ground connected, foot brake, parking brake, parking lights, lock/arm, unlock/disarm and bypass ignition hooked up. As well as the rf antenna and valet button connected with the yellow wire cut for auto transmission. Currently it won't lock, unlock or start the truck. The remotes lights work, the antenna led blinks when I plug it in but not after that, the evo-one lights flash when plugged in but nothing afterwards. I have done the "programming remote transmitters" sequence and the horn honks and the parking lights flash, but the remotes still don't seem like they are talking to the evo-one.
Am I missing any other connections or do I need to do something differently? The only ones according to the manual (RF641W) that I don not have connected are (-)ignition, (-)start, (-) GWR(which I do not know what that stand for), hood and trunk release. These I do not have connected because I can not find them listed in any wire listing I have seen for my truck.
Any help would be great! I tested all connections before hooking up to make sure they were the right wire. Thanks in advance for helping out a newb!
tacofergie 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tacofergie
I would like to EDIT my title because of a misspelling of Fortin and to include the word HELP. But I cannot due to this being my first post.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Without looking at a guide, my guess is that the evo is not programmed for your transmitter. Are you sure it's been programmed? Did you do it or rely on someone else?
tacofergie 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2016 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tacofergie
I purchased all of it from lessco electronics on ebay and had it pre-programmed through them. I do not have programming cord because of that reason. Even if is not programmed I should be able to get at least door lock and unlock operation, correct?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2016 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Did you Program the EVO-ALL to the vehicle per the instructions with verification from unit?
(-)ignition, and (-) start are for Relay control on vehicles that can be started without direct powering the circuits!
If these are listed in the EVO-ALL install and you didn't connect them, then the Programming to the vehicle will not complete.
(-)GWR (Status) is for turning on the immobilizer bypass with Aftermarket Remote Start systems.
Not sure with the EVO_ALL as I use xpressskit DEI but the All in ones typically are not programmed from the factory with any specific software version.
Your going to have to take it somewhere or buy the Flasher to verify the correct Version.
tacofergie 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tacofergie
lurch228 wrote:
Did you Program the EVO-ALL to the vehicle per the instructions with verification from unit?
(-)ignition, and (-) start are for Relay control on vehicles that can be started without direct powering the circuits!
If these are listed in the EVO-ALL install and you didn't connect them, then the Programming to the vehicle will not complete.
(-)GWR (Status) is for turning on the immobilizer bypass with Aftermarket Remote Start systems.
Not sure with the EVO_ALL as I use xpressskit DEI but the All in ones typically are not programmed from the factory with any specific software version.
Your going to have to take it somewhere or buy the Flasher to verify the correct Version.
I had the evo-all "programmed" from the seller. I have tried the remote programming feature and it blinks the marker lights and honks the horn. However the remotes don't seem to be communicating.
I shouldn't need the GWR right? I am using the fortin rf kit that should just be plug and play if I understand correctly.
I messaged the seller and I am awaiting a response. Hopefully I can get it figured out, I'm not sure there are any places in town that would give me much of a hand.
If I do not see the (-) ignition and (-) start on my wiring diagram, where or what would I connect them to?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2016 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
IF the RF kit is configurable like the DEI RF kits it might need to be set up first.
tacofergie 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2016 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tacofergie
I did try to do the remote programming. When I had it hooked up I pushed the "program" button and the horn and driving lights lite up the way they were supposed to according to the instructions. However it seemed like it was not receiving the transmission from the remote.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic