the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Honda CR-V Touring Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2017 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Alarmgeek, nice work.
mikeremotestart 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2017 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeremotestart
HI,
Can Someone verify the Xpress kit wiring to car (Dball2 connection) for Honda CRV 2016, push to start.
I have named D1 - 10pin connection, D2 - 12 pin connected, D3- 14pin connector of xpresskit bypass module.

D2/4 PTS Output to Car side, PTS Pine 8
D2/10 Immobilizer Data to Immo Data pin 21 (Yellow)
D3/3 HS CAN High to B-CAN High Pin 6(of pin 28)
D3/4 HS CAN Low to B-CAN Low Pin 7 (of pin 28)
D3/5 FT CAN High to F-CAN High Pin 4 (of pin 24)
D3/6 FT CAN Low to F-CAN Low Pin 5 (of pin 24)
D3/8 Ignition Interrupt (Connection side) to Ignition Pin 28
D3/9 Ignition Interrupt (Vehicle side) Ignition other side of the ignition wire
Remote wiring Viper 5706 (Very Important)
H3/1 – Ignition 1 input/output (Pink) (+) to Pin 11 (of 24) Igntion (+) (Blue)
H3/2 – Fused Ignition 2/ Flex Relay Input 87 12V Constant (White)
H3/3 – Accessory Output, Orange (+) to Accessory 1 (Tan), Pin 24 of 24.
H3/4 – Starter Output (Car side of the starter kit)
H3/5 - Starter Output (Key side of the starter kit)       
Not sure about H3/4 and H3/5 connection. Xpress kit Say that connectto Pin 18 of the starter of the car. I already cut ignition wire. Do i have to cut the starter output wire or which one to connect to starter of the car. Any suggestion
H3/6 – Fused Ignition 1 Input      Connect to 12V Constant (White)       
H3/7 – Ignition 2 (+)/Flex Relay Output – should I use this as 2nd accessory. Do i need to connect to any car wire or viper remote wire?
H3/8 - not using it.            
H3/9 – Fused Accessory/Starter Input to 12V Constant

H2/13 (of 24 pin) – Black/white – Neutral Safety to ground wire of the remote starter.
H1/5 (of 6 pin) – Parking light output to Parking light of Car (Gray) (Pin 8 of 24)
Any suggestions appreciated!
Mike
alarmgeek 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2017 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alarmgeek
Did you follow this?
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=141840#721460
jdwolf 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2018 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdwolf
Don't mean to revive an old thread, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2015 Honda CR-V with Push To Start, and here follows what I'm trying to get installed and hooked up.
Compustar CM-7000
Idatalink Blade-AL
I'm having trouble understanding the two wires that pertain to wiring up to "Ignition 2". There is a white/red wire and white/black wire that needs to be hooked up in this area.
Here's my golden question one wire needs to be on the "connector side" and the other on the "vehicle side." Could someone explain to me what is meant by "vehicle side?"
I believe this is the last wire I need to get wired up for me to get everything fired up and working. I also feel like this is a stupid question, stupid answer scenario! So I do apologize!
Also thank you for the wiring diagram as I was able to find the 12v wire and parking lights since my guides did not specify the location of them.
2016 Honda CR-V Touring Alarm/Remote Start Wiring - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2018 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Okay, so it looks like instead of starter kill this uses "ignition kill". Many installers prefer not to cut any wire other than the starter to eliminate another point of failure. If you cut the starter wire and something goes wrong, the vehicle simply won't start. If you cut an ignition wire, during a failure, the engine could potentially die while you're driving down the highway.
If you don't feel you need this feature, you can connect both wires to ignition without cutting. You can always wire in your own starter kill relay for added protection:
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/starter-interrupt-diagrams.asp#sk1
If you choose you want this feature, you would cut this wire close to the ignition switch. The end of the wire that goes leads back to the ignition switch would be the "connector side". The other cut end would be the "vehicle side".
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic