the12volt.com spacer
icon

Saab 9-7x / Trailblazer remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2016 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Thought so actually your Saab never saw Europe! Built in Canada with my 9-5 interior/dashboard/centre console, actually one of these:-
Buick Rainier
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
GMC Envoy
Oldsmobile Bravada (2002-04)
Isuzu Ascender
Chevrolet SSR
kaotik78 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2016 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaotik78
Sadly it has been lovingly referred to in the family as a faux Saab.
Soldered up all the connections and neatened up the harness a bit. Have a few wires I am unable to make connections with, primarily off the DBALL2 and it may be due to the remote start (Directed Avital Model 4105) not having the applicable input/output?
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/documents/dball-dball2-gm1_en_ig_cp20121218a.pdf
RED 12 Pin Connector
3: GREEN / WHITE: (-) Door Status Output***
4: RED / Black: (-) Trunk Status Output
5: Violet/White: (AC) Tach Output*
BLACK 10 Pin Connector
6:WHITE/ Black: (-) AUX3 (Heated Seats) Input**
Tomorrow morning is when I'll finally be able to hook this all up and see what happens ;)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2016 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Haven't looked at the diagram but red 12 pin:-
GREEN / WHITE to green on Avital
RED / black to blue on Avital
Violet/white to same on Avital
Black 10 pin
White black refer to DB-All 2 instructions, just looked connect to aux 3, or any spare aux, set it for latch so you can turn it on/off from that aux.
Look at that diagram, possibly the simplest I've ever seen.
I just realised, took another look at the diagram, if you go D2 rather than W2W you only need the 4 pin connector from the 4105 to the white D2D on the DB, unless it doesn't have one. (Not familiar with the 4105) plus of course the OBD connection, guessing light green.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2016 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
OK, looked at the diagrams, red 12 pin:-
GREEN / WHITE to green
RED / black to grey, use a diode from the red black and another in the line from the hood switch, both 1N4004, bands away from the Avital.
Forget heat seating, I can't see any aux outputs on that Avital unless you used trunk release with a timer.
Hate to say it but the Avital is entry level hence no aux or separate trunk trigger wire.
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2016 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaotik78
Cheers Howie II, I had to look over my Viper 5902 to even see if that had the additional aux. The main reasoning behind the Avital was simply for remote start, the heated seats and extras were nice and newly discovered options but certainly not needed ;)
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaotik78
I have managed to run into another snag with this remote start setup. Currently the DBALL2 will not light up and is not able to be recognized for any sort of flashing.
I have tried hooking the xkloader2 up via USB and then the four pin harness is connected from the xkloader2 to the powered up and connected DBALL2.
I have power coming to the DBALL and to the Avital 4105. I can hit the remote start button and the vehicle lights come on, fuel pump primes but no starter actually engages.
I do have a relay wired in for the second accessory as well.
Only thing I can think of now is either I have missed a wire, like keysense, in which I still do not know what wire needs to be connected, or I have a bad DBALL. I do have the tach wires hooked up but one would think that you could use virtualtach or AC voltage and the unit would choose what ever one it wanted, however I am not able to get the programming light to come on the Avital 4105 even though the unit actually does attempt to remote start.
I went over the settings in the Avital 4105 with my bitwriter but did not see anything glaringly obvious to enable or disable.
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaotik78
Well I opted to leave the key in the ignition and attempt to remote start, and of course, it works just fine.
Problem still is that the key needs to stay in the ignition, which indicates that the DBALL2 I have is either defunct or the wiring is still incorrect. The door lock/unlock from the Avital 4105 also tells me that I may be on the right track with the DBALL2 beind bad.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Please check your wireing. Is this a GM car that has a second ACC?
Keysense is more relevant to unlock whilst running, nought to do with the actual R/S.
Never seen a bad DB-ALL2, try re-flashing it?
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaotik78
** SUCCESS **
The macbook I was using with windows was not connecting to the DBALL, so I opted to use another computer and had success.
The last hurdle is the trunk/doorlock buttons on the keyfob from the Avital the lock button works, but the unlock does not and neither does the rear hatch.
I'll be investigating that now.
kaotik78 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaotik78
So far the lock/unlock buttons are working however unlocking the car results in the locks immediately engaging again after the door is opened. The hatch button on the Avital keyfob does nothing and I believe that is due to the Saab not having a dedicated trunk release button but instead relies on the unlock button being clicked twice to unlock all doors including the rear hatch.
Still investigating the door locks. The remote start feature is working fine now, thanks to using a different computer to flash the DBALL2.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic