the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5002 tripping out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hamza951 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hamza951
Hello all, new member to this forum.
Just finished installing my viper 5002 alarm into my car and it has been smooth sailing, found all the wires with ease since previous owner already had an alarm into the car which I then spliced into the correct wires.
My issue is my 1994 integra has a dying battery and I use a booster to start it up.
Everything I plug the main harness into the control module, the siren immediately starts going off and does not turn off at all. the lcd remote doesnt get a signal. When I press a button on the second basic remote, right when I press the button the alarm goes loud for a second and then goes quiter again but the alarm is still on. I can hear a clicking sound like a relay coming from the control box.
I have all the wires plugging in except the orange starter kill relay and the parking light output.
My question is, would not having correct voltage cause an alarm to go haywire like this or would not connecting the orange wire in cause this problem?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Re check the Ground sounds like a bad ground.
hamza951 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hamza951
hey lurch228, I will definitely take a look into the ground issue and get back with updates.
I have another question, there is a starter kill relay built into the 5002 with the green, greenwhite and greenblack wires which I have installed.
where do I install the orange wire, do I need to introduce another separate relay for this?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You won't need another relay just use the in built.
Go no further with this until you change the battery.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
hamza951 wrote:
hey lurch228, I will definitely take a look into the ground issue and get back with updates.
I have another question, there is a starter kill relay built into the 5002 with the green, greenwhite and greenblack wires which I have installed.
where do I install the orange wire, do I need to introduce another separate relay for this?
No on units with built in starter kill the orange is for other ground when Armed devices like tilt sensor window module trigger to roll up windows when armed.
Like Howie II said replace the battery if it's that bad as it can also cause the issues you are having.
hamza951 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hamza951
yup, the battery will be taken care of.
Also lurch228, I believe there is a starter interrupt relay built in with the following wires
Starter Common
Starter Normally Open
Starter Normally Closed
Of which I have cut the BLACK/ White and wired the Common and Normally Closed to their respective sides. Would this not act as a kill relay in terms of not starting/open circuit when armed and starting/closed circuit when disarmed.
Will post update with replaced battery and grounds
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Last sentence ref the common and normally closed, yes.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2016 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Like howieII said yes.
The default is NC and the Green is not used for this setup. As long as the alarm is working and plugged in starter kill will be active, if alarm fails or gets unplugged you will still be able to start it so you won't get stranded.
If you want the starter kill to be active in case the alarm is unplugged then you would wire it NO using Green not the GREEN/ Black. And change the settings for this setup (non-default). This option can leave you stranded if the alarm fails or gets unplugged.
The first (default) option is safer for you but less secure. The second is more secure but has a has a risk in the event of failure.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic