icon

Flashing Blue LED on Autostart Antenna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jackj2122 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2016 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a used Ford Ranger, and it has an Autostart SH 433- 120 antenna mounted on the WS.   The seller gave me a single autostart remote(ASRA - 2510).   I think it is an old system. Anyway the blue LED flashes all the time on the antenna. The doors lock and unlock from the remote but the vehicle will not remote start. The parking lights flash but no start. I cannot find online manuals for the antenna. I thought it may be in valet mode, but I think I successfully put it in valet mode (push unlock and start buttons) and the blue LED went solid. Then I repeated and the LED went back to flashing.   I have inspected the hoodpin (single wire). It is corroded some but I think it is working. I put a meter on it to check for continuity with hood open and it appears to have ground continuity. I ordered a new hoodpin anyway but it has not arrived.   Can someone tell me what the flashing blue light means, and how to make the start function work again. Or, where can I find manuals for these... thanks very much.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2016 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Blue light flashing means it's armed.
First disconnect the hood pin switch making sure the wire doesn't touch ground.
Are you saying the blue light flashes even when you try to turn it off with the remote?
If so it's a complete pull and refit or throw away.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2016 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
As mentioned the blue LED indicates the system is in locked or armed mode. Press the unlock button on the remote. Unplug the module but unplug the 5 pin white plug last. Wait a minute and plug in the white 5 pin plug first. You can then plug in all the other connectors. Retry the system. These units are known to go into logic lock if the battery was disconnected.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic