the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v w/Dball2 to 2001 civic 2door MT

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
milehighguy 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2016 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote milehighguy
Hello I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I have searched high and low for info on my particular make model car (2001 Honda Civic Coupe MT) along side model viper (5706v) and interface bypass module (Dball2 flashed with firmware HONDA4) wiring specifics and came up with nothing. I'm hoping that questions asked and answered in this forum will be of assistance to not only myself but others having similar issues. If there is already topics out there that cover this i apologize for redundancy but I've spent hours and only come up with make and models earlier or later than 01-05 civic remote start wiring.
I have never installed a remote security system before but feel that i am capable enough for the task with slightly above novice knowledge of basic DIY.
So my issue is I think I've wired this up correctly to the Dball2 Honda4 installation type 3 schematic given along side the wiring diagram i have for my make model and year of my car and everything works besides when i attempt to remote start it's giving an error with 7 count flash code which indicates that MTRS not engaged which i have tried again and again with these steps (while car is on and running place foot on break, activate parking break, open door and within 20sec press command on remote to activate remote start mode. I've done this and still get remote start error. Am i missing something? Maybe I've not wired correctly? Or failed to program dball2 functions or viper functions correctly? And if viper and dball2 are connected does one module take over as primary function programming interface? Because my viper does not seem to want to take any function program with lack of response in chirps or flashes or led indicators. While dball2 seems more responsive to flash # option # led indicators and tends to flash more times than dball2 function are avalable from what dball2 programming instructions state ie 6 functions are all ive seen for dball2 while the led on the dball2 will flash green up to 9x and red up to 6x or 7x i can't remember exactly. So if someone could give me a detailed check list of wire connections from both units to vehicle if there are any relays required for this install and if there are any tips on programming these units initially to activate something I'm missing would be worth many a charitable beer as my thanks for their knowledge and patience as they help me through this process! Much obliged thanks with Paypal donations. Thank you for your time and what you guys do here is above and beyond from what I've read so far!!
We're all sheep
milehighguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2016 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote milehighguy
By the way I'm using a D2D connection rather than W2W
We're all sheep
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2016 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Two things quickly come to mind.

1.  Did you connect the Viper to a proper Tach signal and get a successful Tach Learn?  The Viper must be in Tach Mode when

running in Manual Transmission Mode.

2.  Did you connect the Vipers' BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY /PARKING BRAKE INPUT wire to the Civics' (-) Parking Brake wire?

Looking closely at the DB-ALL-2 Honda4 Type3 diagram, it appears they omitted a very important wire for your manual transmission

install. You might have already caught this error being as you are doing a 5706 Alarm system install.  The DB-ALL2 does not supply
the Door Status signal.  You must make this connection directly from the Viper GREEN (-) DOOR INPUT to the Civics' door pins.
These wires are found at the Civics' green Factory Alarm Plug in the DKP as follows :
Drivers Door = Green
Passengers door = Light Green / Red
The above wire colors are on a 4 door Civic and might be different on your 2 door model, so testing is necessary.  You will need two
1N4001 diodes for this to isolate theses signals.

The other item not mentioned in the DB-ALL2 install guide is the Clutch bypass.  The engine will not crank unless the clutch

pedal is depressed.  With a R/S install on a manual transmission vehicle, you must temporarily bypass this interlock during a
remote start while allowing it to function normally at all other times.  How did you achieve this?

There are some other common "rookie" mistakes due to poor / incomplete Viper documentation. 

If you followed the DB-ALL2 Honda4 Type 3 directions, you connected the Viper thick Pink/White IGN2 wire to the Civics' thick
WHITE/ Red ACC2 wire.  You must also change Viper Menu 3, Item 8 to Option 2.
The Viper has low power (-) ignition outputs on the 24 Pin Connector.  These are not used and should not be connected.

Finally, the Viper must see the the Civics' Ignition, Brake, Door Status and Parking Brake signals in a certain sequence to get into

Reservation Mode.  You should verify all these Viper connections.

Soldering is fun!
milehighguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2016 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote milehighguy
Thank you kreg357 i think you may have answered everything that i needed to know for this install I'm going to go to radio shack and grab those diodes and get that going and i will update my results as soon as i can! Thank you very much for your time i am very appreciative!!
We're all sheep
milehighguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2016 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote milehighguy
As far as the clutch bypass no i have not and what would you recommend the best course of action in which to achieve this would be?
We're all sheep
milehighguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote milehighguy
I have bypassed the clutch with a wire to ground with inline toggle switch tested and working. I believe tach is learned w single flash of parking light indicating it's not virtual tach connection. Umm i keep getting remote start error and can't seem to get the car into reservation mode?? Could i have possibly incorrectly connected ignition starter acc from viper instructions? And can you also diagram the diode wire up you mentioned with the green from viper to my door wires thank you!! And if you have a PayPal I'd be more than happy to buy you a few beers for your time and to show my gratitude
We're all sheep
milehighguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote milehighguy
Sorry never mind on the diode wire up i remember how to do that
We're all sheep
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2016 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Haven't done that Gen Civic for a while. Don't do too many manual transmission vehicles, either.
Basically, you will find two switches and connectors at the top of the clutch pedal. One is to turn off the Cruise
Control and actuates at the beginning of pedal movement. The other is the starter interlock and actuates at the
bottom of pedal movement. You will need a Digital Multi Meter to determine what type of signal is present and how
the switch works. On Honda's, it is typically a low current signal getting passed through the switch when the pedal
is fully depressed. Onced you determine what is there, you can bypass accordingly.
Here is some info that came up with a quick search.
1.) "To bypass the clutch temporarily, apply a low current negative trigger, such as status,
     to light-green wire at the switch."
2.) https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1137
The first one sounds correct and can be bypassed easily with a direct connection of the (-) 2nd Status or
(-) Ignition output signal from the Viper.
The second option, using a (+) Clutch Bypass wire at the front of the Fuse Box, I have never tried. That diagram
does give you the location of the Parking Brake wire, Brake wire, Tach wire and Door Pins. I would use the (-) Parking
Light wire at the Headlight switch.
Please test and verify all of this info with a DMM before making any R/S connections.
If the clutch wire you grounded is Light Green, remove the added switch and connect the Viper signal (-) 2nd Status.
To get into Reservation Mode the Viper has to see :
Parking Brake
Brake
Door Trigger
If you haven't connected the Door Triggers, that is probably the reason. The Door Status wire will allow the Viper Alarm to monitor the doors and you need it to get into Viper Programming Mode.
Soldering is fun!
milehighguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2016 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote milehighguy
This is probably all wrong lol my remote start 10pin harness to my civic brown ignition harness is wired as follows...
Viper-RED / blk fused 12v acc/start input
To
Civic-WHITE/ red Acc
Viper-red fused 12v ign 1
To
Civic-blk / YELLOW ign +
Viper-pink/white ign 2
To
Civic-WHITE/ red acc 2
Viper-green starter input
To
Civic-blk/white cut on key side
Viper-violet starter out
To
Civic-blk/white cut to car side
Viper-Orange acc out
To
Civic-blk/red acc+
Viper-RED / white fused 12v ign 2
To
Civic-white 12v constant
Viper-pink ign 1 input
To
Civic-blk / YELLOW ing+
Viper-pink/blk not connected
Yes that seems a bit off lol
We're all sheep
kreg357 
Posted: October 25, 2016 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector  2001 Civic Ign Plug
1 NC No Connection
2 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT      White
3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side        Not Used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT   Set to ACC2  WHITE/ Red
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT White
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)  BLACK/ White
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) BLACK/ White
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT BLACK/ Red
9 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87 White
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT        BLACK / YELLOW
Soldering is fun!