the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 F150 Lariat Sync 3 w/Sony upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
infinity99 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2016 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote infinity99
Hey there folks!
I need some guidance on what direction to go with my new truck! Its a 2016 F150 Lariat super crew w/Sync 3 and the crappy Sony system. OEM integration advice is mainly needed as I am keeping the factory HU. I have the following gear ready to be installed (previous vehicle).
1. 2xJL 10W3V3 (getting a custom box made)
2. Hertz HDP1
3. Hertz HDP4
4. Hertz HSK 165 XL components (front)
5. JL C3-650 components (in coax format for rear)
My main issue is what do I use for OEM integration! I used to own an audio control LC6I (hated it), as it was just a glorified line driver. Do I bite the bullet and get something better? Audison Bit10D perhaps, or something comparable? What would give me the best control over my new system while retaining my OEM HU. I am not made of money, but I do need it to sound good and will spend a few bucks more to make it worth my while. I currently have a couple of Zapco line out converters (ASP-OEB, and ASP-OE2) which would give me pre outs, but again, these are just line out converters. Any good advice would be appreciated!
Thanks!~
series vii 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote series vii
I have a 14' F150 Supercrew with a Bit One and have been very happy with it. Tried a RF 360.3 and had all kinds of issues: BT not working consistently, controller freaking out, delay in PC interface etc...
The Audison software is easy to figure out. Not happy about the 12db/oct on the graphics. Should be 24db/oct. Sometimes the remote unit will see the PC but the main unit won't. It can be finicky. A newer version of the remote is out, maybe they fixed it.
Running biamped Focal K2 165K3 3ways up front, 4" Focal center, Focal K2165KRC in the rear and pair JL 10W3V3 in a modified FoxBox sealed. All BitOne outputs full. Boltar/Zeus, Odin mono, Thor, Atlas all series vii rebuilt by Steve Mantz. The Bit will use speaker sense inputs to create remote turn on.
Some space behind the rear seats. Find round silver button behind headrest and slide up I think. I drilled mine and used micro wirerope to make a release pull. I didn't want to cut out the carpet/padding behind seats. BitOne, and some other gear mounted to a custom plate using the seat bolts on the drivers side. One amp inside passenger side, the rest went to the bed in a weatherproof fiberglass rack. I have a Powertrax bed cover (highly recommended).

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic