the12volt.com spacer
icon

Isolating Backup Light Circuit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geraldfrank 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geraldfrank
Greetings,have installed a remote starter Compustar CM800-S which is working fine.
The unit turns on the Park Lights when engine has been remote started. A 12V feed goes from the CM800-S directly to the Park Light circuit.
I wish the Backup Lights also turned on when the engine is running under the remote start, and to turn off when the Remote Start is deactivated. One idea I had was to use the wire from the brakes which deactivates the remote when the brake pedal is pushed.
Does anyone have an idea how to wire a relay system that will do this?
Wiring directly from Backup Lights to the Park Lights would have the Backup Lights on all the time the Park Lights are switched on manually.
Thanks for your ideas. Gerald
geraldfrank 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geraldfrank
1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Use a status or ground while running (GWR) wire or if there's a NEG (-) secodary ignition output wire to fire a relay to the back-up lights. That would negate any interaction with normal operation.
geraldfrank 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geraldfrank
Thanks, will look if the CM800-S has a GWR wire, this will make it easy.
geraldfrank 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2016 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geraldfrank
Have found on the Computstar CM800-S, a Status Output - Ground While Running [when remote start sequence is in operation] GWR (-) at CN-2, Pin 4, Black wire.
Using this to fire a relay, will make my Back Up lights turn on when the car has been remote started.
Thanks
geraldfrank 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2017 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geraldfrank
1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, early model, same wiring configuration as the 1994's
Compustar 800S with 700R remotes
Remote start aspect works fine, remote trunk open works fine with (-) pulse to dash mounted trunk switch, Ground While Running wire to fire relay to run backup lights works fine, remote lock (-) pulse to relay sending (+) to lock doors, works fine.
However, Remote unlock opens all the doors;
I can use the Compustar second pulse wire to open all the doors, but having problem determining where to send the first pulse to only unlock the drivers door?
I suspect the solution must somehow involve the Drivers Door Isolation Relay, with the relay removed only the drivers door unlocks with remote.
Second question is where to hook the the door trigger wire from Compustar; Should door trigger from Compustar be hooked to the key unlock cylinder wire?
Will be an extremely happy camper if I get these last two items connected properly. Thanks in advance for your help.
geraldfrank 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geraldfrank
Drivers Door Priority Unlock for 1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra.
Would apprecicate help with wiring the Drivers Priority unlock.
Have relays setup that use the (-) trigger from Compustar 800S to Lock and Unlock doors, but the Unlock causes all doors to open.
Have read that the Unlock should fire a relay to send (+) to the motor wire on the lock motor in the door and that the second ORANGE / black (-) pulse wire go to a second relay to unlock all the other doors. Would prefer to access the Drivers Priority factory relay to accomplish this.
Has anyone experience with Drivers Door Priority Unlock with Buick Park Avenue's or other GM vehicles. Thanks for your help.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I'm not positive about the Park Avanue, but if it is like other GM's of the era, there is a factory RKE module that the driver's door only grounds to. The RKE module is what allows driver's priority unlock. There is no way I'm aware of to utilize the "factory priority relay" because it is internal to the RKE. I do it this way:
Find the large gauge TAN wire in the drivers kick panel coming from the door. You need one relay:
Cut the tan wire in two.
Door side of tan wire to #30
Car side of tan wire to #87a
B+ (hot at all times) to #30 AND #86
first pulse unlock of compustar to #85.
Put the second pulse unlock of the compustar to your existing relay that unlocks all doors.
geraldfrank 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2017 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geraldfrank
Dave P,
Thanks for this suggestion, will give this setup a try if am unable to wire direct to the factory isolation relay.
I wish to have the factory Remote Key Entry wiring remain intact if possible.
The drivers door factory isolation relay has four connections; two 12 volt constant wires and two Tan wires that have zero voltage at rest.
Am going to trace these tan wires and the (+) ones and make a drawing of the relay connections.
I need to understand how the drivers door isolation relay is tripped.
Thanks again for the suggestion. Gerald
geraldfrank 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2017 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geraldfrank
...Isolating Backup Light Circuit -- posted image.
Dave would appreciate your looking at this wiring diagram to see if this idea has any hope of working. I looked inside the RKE/RAC and there are no relay's inside. All the RAC does is ground this circuit momentarily to cause the unlock of the Drivers door, and a second pulse within 30 seconds opens the other doors. Would appreciate any ideas, thanks Gerald
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic