the12volt.com spacer
icon

Confirmation of wiring diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bronco68 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2016 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bronco68
Hello all. Have been popping in and out of this website through out the last year with the rebuild of a vehicle that we are currently working on. I have a basic knowledge of wiring and have wired up stereos and many accessories in the past. We will be starting to rewire the vehicle here soon and am looking to add some modern day features to the vehicle through a series of switches and relays. After some research I believe I have found out a way to make it work with the options I am looking for. This is essentially what I am looking to accomplish:
-Three separate light circuits in the vehicle
-Each circuit with an on/off/on switch to switch between on/off/door
-Door jamb switches (two) to activate lights that are switched to "door" setting
-Headlight switch to override all other switches to turn lights on when fully turned
I am not sure how the headlight switch will be wired, but believe I could just change how the coil leads are connected to correct if the headlight switch is positive?
I was basically looking for the simplest way to do this and if anyone has any corrections or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Confirmation of wiring diagram - Last Post -- posted image.
bronco68 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2017 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bronco68
For any looking to create something similar... It works. Have added a few more wrinkles to the system with door light delays and isolated driver side door trigger to add raps, but basics of diagram work.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic