the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installiing Viper 4706v on 2005 Grand Cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
specialk100 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2016 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specialk100
I found the installation guide for the 4706v and the wiring for this vehicle on this site. So that's a great start. I saw there is 4 auxillary outputs on the 24 pin connector. What would you connect to that? Also I have never done a remote start before. Do I need to buy anything other than the Viper remote start to install it? I have to use relays for the 200ma spots correct? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!
specialk100 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2016 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specialk100
Also would like to know of I need to install a bypass so her OEM security system still works.
specialk100 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specialk100
I bought the dball2 bypass module and have done more research. The dball 2 installation is pretty straight forward. If I had a schematic like that one for the Viper 4706 remote start I know I could install it. Anyway if anyone can make a similar schematic for me I'd give you 50 bucks. Or here in a minute I'm going to print out the wiring for dball2, my vehicle, and remote start and gather my questions and ask. Hopefully I'll get an answer. Bit I'm serious about the $50. I can send info that I have already on wiring for everything to make it easier for you. Thank you!
specialk100 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specialk100
After a lot of research I believe I have pretty much figured everything out. If someone could please answer a couple questions I have now, I would appreciate it. So I found my vehicle wiringon this site. It says my horn trigger is do GREEN/ orange + which I found and test. But it was negative. So I'm a little confused on that. I bought a relay to switch polarity already since I thought it was positive. So any ideas on why it's different than what the info says? Also my RS horn output is 200ma, so I have to use a relay anways correct? Since it's such a low current output. My dball2 wiring shows that I only have to connect 1 starter wire. Is that correct? I have 2 starter wires. The 2nd starter wire is also accessory. Do I need to use my accessory wire on RS? Because I'm using D2D so I think that takes care of the accessorys. Any input appreciated. Thank you!
linearg 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote linearg
Not all wiring diagrams are totally 100% correct, that being said if the horn is ground you may not need to use a relay if the current is strong on the vipers horn output wire.If it is not strong enough then use a relay. As to the 2 start wires the violet/brown is mux wire meaning its multplexed.It is the start and the accessory wire.Use the output on the DBall on violet/brown wire no accessory or 2nd start wire from the viper needed.Connect the starter wire from the viper to pink/orange.Connect the ignition wire from the viper to pink/green.
Hopefully this helps.
specialk100 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote specialk100
Hey thank you so much for the reply linearg. I actually have almost everything wired up, relay and all since the horn output is 200 ma. I appreciate you confirming everything. And I didn't realize the mux wire was the second starter wire since I didn't get to that yet. On the diagram it just says mux but I was going to connect them as shown. It's been real cold and I've been working past dark so this Sunday I'm going to connect it to the battery and fire it up. I'll let you know how it goes.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic