icon

2013 Kia Soul Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thetaz01 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2016 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
I am looking to install a remote start in my GF's 2013 Kia Soul, Base model, no push to start, she has a old fashion key LOL
I have installed several remote starts in the past, and have experience, just haven't done it in a while.. need some info on this car
If I could get wiring diagrams for it that would be awesome
Also, do I need a ByPass Module for the Key??
thanks in advance
Fred
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 13, 2016 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Installation Warnings
     Information
Installation Warning 1     THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH ONE OR MORE AIR BAGS
Installation Warning 2     THIS VEHICLE REQUIRES A TRANSPONDER BYPASS FOR PROPER REMOTE START OPERATION
Installation Warning 3     REMOVE BATTERY POWER BEFORE UNPLUGGING ANY CONTROL MODULES
Power Connections
     Wire Color     Polarity     Location     Plug/Pin #     Note     Picture
Battery     RED OR WHITE     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     2 OR 5
Ignition 1     PINK     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     6
Ignition 2     WHITE     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     3
Accessory 1     YELLOW     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     4
Starter 1     BLUE     (+)     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     1
Key Sense     BLUE     (+)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH     C10
Triggers
All Doors     BLUE     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH   
Front Left Door     BROWN     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH   
Front Right Door     GRAY     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH   
Rear Left Door     GREEN     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH   
Rear Right Door     GREEN     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH   
Dome Light Supervision     BLUE     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH     A1
Dome Light 1     RED     (+)     IN HARNESS AT DOME LIGHT     3
Dome Light 2     BLUE     (-)     IN HARNESS AT DOME LIGHT     2
Trunk/Hatch     ORANGE     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH     C14
Lighting
All Parking Lights     PINK/BLACK     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH     A8
Front Left Parking Light     GREEN/ BLACK     (+)     AT FRONT LEFT HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY     1
Front Right Parking Light     YELLOW/BLACK     (+)     AT FRONT RIGHT HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY     1
Rear Left Parking Light     GREEN/ BLACK     (+)     AT REAR LEFT COMBINATION LIGHT ASSEMBLY     4
Rear Right Parking Light      YELLOW/BLACK     (+)     AT REAR RIGHT COMBINATION LIGHT ASSEMBLY     4
All Hazard Lights     GRAY     (+)     IN HARNESS AT VEHICLE HAZARD SWITCH     6
Front Left Hazard Light     GREEN     (+)     AT FRONT LEFT DIRECTIONAL LIGHT     5
Front Right Hazard Light     BLUE     (+)     AT FRONT RIGHT DIRECTIONAL LIGHT     5
Rear Left Hazard Light     GREEN     (+)     AT REAR LEFT COMBINATION LIGHT     2
Rear Right Hazard Light     BLUE     (+)     AT REAR RIGHT COMBINATION LIGHT     2
Low Beam Headlights     GREEN     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH     A19
High Beam Headlights     BROWN     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH     C21
Brake Lights     RED / ORANGE     (+)     AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL     2
Reverse Lights     GREEN     (+)     IN HARNESS AT PCM MODULE NEXT TO BATTERY UNDER HOOD     3     ON MANUAL TRANSMISSION VEHICLES THE WIRE IS RED / BLACK (+) - PIN #A7.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 13, 2016 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
Power Lock     BROWN     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH     B12
Power Unlock     GREEN     (-)     AT BCM MODULE LOCATED UNDER GLOVEBOX ON PASSENGER SIDE OF DASH     B10     
thetaz01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2017 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much for the info,
I Was able to successfully install her vss4x10 and smart start system this past Saturday..
I would like to find out if someone could kindly upload the install manual for the vss 4x10 as I need to program some of the options and don't have the full install manual
I am having one dilemma
The system I installed is just remote start/smart start, it has no key chain remote..
everything works perfect..
I get out of the car, use the factory key to lock the car... walk inside..
I then , remote start the car with the smart start app, it runs perfect...
walk outside, press the factory unlock button and it does nothing, it appears, the factory unlock/lock, doesn't actually work IF the car is running...
so there is NO easy way for her to get in her car, she has to either go into the app and stop the car, or use the manual key in the door...
What is the best way around this.. any help would be much appreciated..
thanks all
thetaz01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2017 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  
One addition I should add...
I was unable to find the lock/unlock wires and was running out of time Saturday night when I installed it I had to go out somewhere..
that I never hooked up the lock and unlock wires from the vss4x10 to the factory lock and unlock.
I plan on doing that but didn't think it was a big deal...
But I just read on the dss v4x10 that you can actually start the car by pressing the lock button on your factory remote...
is that true?! and is that why I cant unlock when the car is running?
window tint guy 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2017 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Is there a diagram for 2012 kia soul base model for Manuel. I need to hook up emergency brake and clutch. In addition, to hook up power locks
Smoky Tint Guy
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 12, 2017 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
2010 through 2013 are the same.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic