the12volt.com spacer
icon

clifford 4105 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mendozer 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
I put in this system in my 02 4runner yesterday. I finally got it to work for the starter which was troublesome as I had some things switched. However, this morning it was unlocking the entire time driving randomly, with no clear pattern (like morse code). When my brakes were applied it wouldn't do it, but other times it did. Is this a programming issue or is something wrong with wiring?
It never locks, just continuously tries to unlock. When I do lock it, it immediately unlocks.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Sound like you have something incorrect in the wiring. Soooo.....
If you could list all of your wired connections from the 4105 to what and where on the 4Runner it might help give us an idea as to what might be wrong.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
OK here goes:
(Toyota, [wire color] [wire location])
4105:
Main 9 pin harness
1. light green black - factory alarm disarm (toy yellow/red key switch)
2. GREEN / WHITE - alarm rearm
3. yellow - ignition out
4. WHITE/ blue - activation input
5. orange - ground when locked/anti-grind
6. brown - horn output (toy GREEN/ red dash fuse box)
7. RED / white - trunk release
8. black - ground (to same screw as neutral safety)
9. white - light flash output (toy green driver kick)
Door lock 3 pin
1. blue - unlock (toy red door harness)
2. unused
3. green - lock (toy RED / white door harness)
Remote start 6 pin
1. red - 30A high current input (Toyota WHITE/ red ignition)
2. pink/white - output to second ignition/accessory circuit (toy BLACK / YELLOW ignition)
3. red - 30A high current input (Toy white ignition)
4. orange - output to accessory circuit (Toy blue/red ignition)
5. purple - output to starter circuit (toy GREEN/ black ignition)
6. pink - output to primary ignition circuit (toy BLACK/ red ignition)
satellite harness 4 pin (not used at all)
1. blue -status output
2. orange - accessory output
3. purple - starter output
4. pink - ignition output
Remote start harness 5 pin
1. BLACK/ white - neutral safety switch input (to a screw)
2. violet/white - tach input wire (toy black, diagnostic pin)
3. brown - brake shutdown input wire (toy GREEN / WHITE driver kick)
4. gray - hood pin switch shutdown (first hooked up, then cut off entirely)
5. blue/white - rear defogger (light GREEN/ black dash fuse box)
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Seems to be some conflicting info on the lock/unlock wires from what you have connected to
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/1999-2002/toyota/4-runner/1945.html
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
I tried to go through programming again at lunch and it seems like I may have been in valet mode the whole time??? I pressed valet and held until a loud honk, then backed up and started into the stall again and it didn't do it. However, I still am not getting the honk when I lock/unlock which I want AND the parking lights staying on, which it states is the default
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
I saw the wiring here:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=45050
and also a sheet from DirectWire a tech gave me said the same thing.
But my remote easily locks and unlocks it so I assumed that was right.
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
ok so after my lunchtime adjustment it apparently did something because it stopped. Then the next time I stopped the car I tested the remote start again, sure enough more unlocking clicking. Then I tried to reset it the same way and held down valet button to get the long honk but it didn't do anything this time.
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
Ok so I don't have a GREEN/ YELLOW and blue / YELLOW wire set in that 18 pin connector. There is a BROWN / white which I have listed as alarm arm. My alarm disarm is blue/black which is present. Should I use those for lock and unlock?
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
Ok I found brown white and the green yellow and gblue yellow but not on the driver kick but rather the harness right under the fuse panel. I also found in that plug the blue black and red blue factory disarm my list has
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2016 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
If I do the combo wires it says to do a diode isolate. I'm at frys now and I don't know what diode to use or how to use it
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic