the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

clifford 4105 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
What happens when you turn the key? any lights on dash? Blower motor comes on? radio? Starter cranks but no start?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
mendozer 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
Yes dash would come on and click to activate the starter but no cranking. Since then I found a slightly loose connection. Tightened that up and taped the wire bundle together tightly. It now starts with key but not with remote. No diagnostic lights either. I started to relocate my door wires again back to original location before leaving this morning. So when I finish later I'll be back where I started but with a better ground. I'm thinking the better ground should stop that clicking when driving . I'm really debating soldering some of these connections due to this. I used tap splices for the smaller wires and a mixture of tape around interwoven wires and twist locks with the 12 gauge ones
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2016 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
If you used the 3-pin blue and green wire harness for the locks, be sure it is plugged into the correct port on the Clifford. Older DEI's had two 3-pin ports. One for the locks, one for the bit-writer. If the locks are plugged into the bit-writer port, the locks go bezerk.
Ask me how I know this.
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2016 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
Ok I can start with key still not with remote. I've tested continuity for the remote harness and every things good. Locks seem ok too. When using the remote it cranks then dies. Fuses were good
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2016 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
OK got it! I honestly think that after moving the door wires back and checking fuses, the problem was I was checking it while sitting there on my stool by the door to check the flashing LED. I didn't even think about it (the driver door was opened) so that must have been it. I closed the door, started right up. Also, I think a few time I barely put the battery terminal on the post since I was frequently taking it on and off.
I had one failed start after all this, but a second button press started it up. It's a cold morning so maybe that's it.
So.....it was probably the bad ground switch all along since that's really the only thing that's changed NOW. Things were moved back and forth but now that's the remaining change. FWIW I did try to reset the tach as well, but the LED didn't flash after the 3-5 seconds like it's supposed to. I also need to figure out how to make it chirp the horn with lock and unlock AND flash the parking lights upon remote start.
So it works, but I need to figure out why the other things aren't working. I had the light flash output from the main 9 pin harness go to my parking lights on the car. and the horn works because the panic button works.
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2016 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
Ok since installation I've had some problems. Sometimes the starter won't crank over fully with remote. Also unlocking sometimes won't work but locking always does. What's going on...wires...battery...setting of the remote starter?
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2016 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
I found the pattern for locking. If I manually lock it when I leave the vehicle, then I can't remote unlock it. However as long as I only use the remote it's fine. But my parking lights still don't flash, nor does my horn honk.
mendozer 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2017 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mendozer
So last year when I put this in, it worked at first. Then it started to not work. But spring came around so I figured I'd get to it later. This weekend I took out the wires and re-did a connection I assumed was bad. I had a stiff 12 gauge wire with twist connectors linking the car's red/white power cord. I soldered it with more flexible wire. Put it back together and...the remote start works on the 3rd attempt, Clifford does 3 then shuts off. Why won't it work on the first? I hear the starter turn on, but it won't turn over. What could cause this?
One question I always had was how the car also has a white cord, not listed in my toyota wiring diagram. The Clifford had two power cords. That's how I figured one to the white, one to the white/red.
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic