the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Toyota Sienna w/ Smart Key & DBall2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bee_ill 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2016 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bee_ill
DBall2 will control OEM functions (lock, unlock, etc..) but will not remote start vehicle.
2015 Toyota Sienna with Smart Key but no OEM remote start. Installed DBall2 402.TL2 4.07 using type 2a with Harness to add remote start function and 2 way remote function using XL202.
2 way communication is working ok for locking, unlocking, trunk function. Remote start does not work using 2 way remote or OEM remote by pressing lock 3 times. DBall2 light does not respond to remote start commands (does not flash at all; green, orange or red) but does respond to all other 2 way remote commands (orange light flashes). Since the DBall2 and vehicle respond correctly to all 2-way commands other than remote start, I believe the two are communicating correctly as they should.
I was told by Directed the DBall2 with RSR option and not need any additional remote start modules. However, since I installed it myself, they are not willing to help troubleshoot the issue. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2016 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pentavolvo
Did you program the dball or someone's else, it's possible it's not programmed correct
bee_ill 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bee_ill
It was pre-programmed. However, I do own an xkloader2 and have verified the programming. I have even re-flashed per suggestion listed in DBALL2 troubleshooting topic on this message board.
One thing I have noticed is when disconnecting the DBall2 and then reconnecting to the vehicle, the LED now flashes orange 6 times before turning off after it has been programmed in the van. Does anyone know what orange 6 times means when powering on the DBall2 after having already programmed it to the vehicle?
Also, does anyone know what wires exactly control the remote start command from the DBALL2 to the car? Is it the ODB CAN wires or the BRX/BTX wires? Just trying to narrow down what I need to troubleshoot. Thanks.
bee_ill 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bee_ill
It was pre-programmed. However, I do own an xkloader2 and have verified the programming. I have even re-flashed per suggestion listed in DBALL2 troubleshooting topic on this message board.
One thing I have noticed is when disconnecting the DBall2 and then reconnecting to the vehicle, the LED now flashes orange 6 times before turning off after it has been programmed in the van. Does anyone know what orange 6 times means when powering on the DBall2 after having already programmed it to the vehicle?
Also, does anyone know what wires exactly control the remote start command from the DBALL2 to the car? Is it the ODB CAN wires or the BRX/BTX wires? Just trying to narrow down what I need to troubleshoot. Thanks.
pesho 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pesho
i'm not familiar with this modules, but Dball uses OBD CAN to control, lock, unlock, trunk and read status RPM(tach), voltage etc.
CAN means Controller Area Network and all car modules are connected and communicate trough this network.
The Dball module read the info from the car trough OBD CAN and send it to the remote starter trough the BRX/BTX wires and when you need to lock/unlock your car the remote starter send signal trough the Dball module using same BRX/BTX wires (TX- transmit X, RX- receive X (X- data))
so if the car just cranks,but not start, most likely reasons are :
the Dball is not wiRED / teached/programmed(wrong firmware) correctly to bypass the immo.
or there are some protocol compatibility between the remote start and the Dball module.
for example the remote starter send command to Dball module to bypass the immo, but the dball can't understand that command and do nothing or opposite case the Dball send the vehicle RPM(Tach) to the remote but the remote don't understand it and respectively won't start the car.
Sorry for my English and I hope that helped somehow.
Good luck.
bee_ill 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bee_ill
Thanks for your response and information on how the module sends commands to the vehicle and where it reads the status from.
The problem is the vehicle does not even crank. If I sit in the car and have someone else try to remote start, I do not hear any relays clicking in the unit, which I have read others can hear when remote start is called with the DBall. So I don't think the DBall is even sending the start command once it receives it to the Van.
If the DBall is not detecting Ignition status, would this be a symptom? I ask because the newest firmware added ignition status through D2D. Previous firmware you needed to hook up w2w to the ignition status. I would like to try previous firmware, but cannot find where it will allow me to flash my dball2 with anything but the newest. Thanks again
pesho 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pesho
OK. this is something wrong with your remote starter. check the fuses and wiring to the car or maybe your remotes from the remote starter are not paired with the remote starter or the battery or the remotes are old or maybe bad remote starter.
ignition status- is only used when the remote start try to start( the relay clicks) and is used to tell the Dball module to start bypassing the immo. so the problem is not there!
pesho 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pesho
Ops my bad! forged about the remotes :D, mayde the remote starter look for some signal and that why don't wan to engage. check the wiring with the car.
pesho 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pesho
try to disconnect everything from the remote starter module except the power wires and try to start you need to make it try to start first.
bee_ill 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bee_ill
Thanks Pesho, but the DBall2 does not require an additional remote start module. It is a standalone module that is advertised to add remote start to RSR (remote start ready) vehicles through data communication with the car adding the ability to remote start using OEM remote pressing lock 3 times.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic