the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706 in 04 forester xt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alibi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2016 at 4:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alibi
I am intalling a viper 5706v in my 04 Subaru Forester xt with manual transmission. I would like to hook this up using the neutral safety switch so I don't have to go through the manual shut down process every time. I had it installed on my 02 wrx this way and liked it that way. If car was in gear or ebrake wasn't on car would not start. Would like to have the forester the same way. Both neutral and ebrake set required to start.
The 02 wrx showed ground when in gear, which required the use of a relay hooked to the 2nd ignition from the previous viper 5704, the neutral switch wire on the ecm. Ebrake and neutral wire from the viper. I can explain how it was wired if needed. I guess if the forester shows ground when in gear I can do it the same way.
Question
1. Does the 04 forester show ground when in neutral for the neutral safety switch.
2. If it does, I will hook the BLACK/ white neutral wire from the 5706 to the green BLACK/ wire neutral safety wire at the ecm, Then which wire from the alarm hooks to the ebrake to require it be set before starting?
3. Can I hook both the neutral wire at the ecm and the ebrake to the BLACK/ white wire on the 5706. Would I have to diode isolate them.
Thanks in advance, I am open to any other suggestions to make the remote start work the way I want it to. If possible I would rather not sacrifice the hood pin wire as I will be intalling a hood pin also.
alibi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2016 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alibi
I'm really surprised that I haven't received any answer to any of the questions.
I do have another question though. If I hook up the nuetral safety switch to the BLACK/ white wire from the alarm brain so it knows the car is in nuetral.
Can I the. Attach the hood pin wire to the ebrake for the remote start to know when the ebrake is set. This way the remote start will check both things before starting.
If not what wire can I hook to the ebrake.
Thanks in advance
alibi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2016 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alibi
So this is what I came up with. I believe his will work. I will hook up BLACK/ white nuetral safety wire from alarm brain to the neutral safety switch wire on ecm
Then I will hook up a relay. 85 to 2nd ignition from the alarm brain. 86 to ebrake. 30 to grey hood pin wire from alarm brain. And 87a to ground. The. Can still y off hood pin wire to wire in hood pin also.
This should give me a remote start that will only start when in nuetral and ebrake engaged. If this doesn't look right please let me know.
alibi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2016 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alibi
Sorry for type errors. Was suppose to say then I can still y off the hood pin wire and still wire in a hood pin
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 4:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
If there's a ground when neutral at the BCM, yes you can tie the BLACK/ white to that and the ebrake but diode separate otherwise the ebrake warning will be on all the time, 2 X 1N4004 diodes, bands away from the 5706.
Hood switch input works the other way round so you can't tie in to the blue.
BLACK/ white sees a ground, enables remote start.
Blue sees a ground, disables it.
alibi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2016 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alibi
Howie
Thanks for the reply. So if I hook both the ebrake and the nuetral position switch to the black and white wire from the alarm. Will it only start when in nuetral and ebrake set. And if one of those is wrong won't start.
With the grey hood pin wire I would tie into a relay and the ebrake. So I'm just really learning relays. I was thinking 85 off relay would be 2nd ignition off 5706 to activate relay. 86 would be hooked to green wire at ebrake switch on car. 87a would be ground. 30 would be to the grey hood pin wire from the 5706.
So with my limited understanding this would switch the negative ebrake signal to no signal for the hood pin wire during ignition. Then show ground when the ebrake was not engaged telling the brain the hood is open and not start.
If that is incorrect I would be interested in hearing my errors. Thanks in advance
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2016 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
What?? Grey hood wire to hood pin. What's a relay got to do with it?
Just wire as I explained and stop over complicating things. KISS.
alibi 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote alibi
Thanks for the suggestion Howie but once I got it tore apart the nuetral switch showed ground when in gear and positive in nuetral. Contrary to everything I read. So I got it all wired in.
Needs nuetral and ebrake to start. And no manual procedure to shut it down.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic