the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python remote start in a 99 Dodge Ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dieseldog58 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2016 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dieseldog58
Just got a python 413 remote starter and want to put it on my 99 dodge Ram. However I have no installation manual for the python 413 and have no why of knowing where to set jumpers for tach and lights? Looked on python website and only thing I can find is owners manual no help there. Would like to find insulation manual and a diagram to set jumpers? Also was reading on here on wiring diagrams for 99 dodge ram that a relay is needed on stater wire. Why is there a relay needed for the starter wire on this truck? I did order a directed 451m relay for for locks. Is that all the relays I need?
Dieseldog58
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2016 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Take a close look at the Python 413 black control module. Is there a 4X03 molded into the plastic body? If yes,
use the Avital 4103 install guide as the modules are pretty much the same. Be aware that there might be some
differences depending on how old your module is. There might be a Tach Level jumper next to the Parking Light
output polarity jumper. Typically there is a two-sided, single page guide included with the kit. One side has
the wiring and the other has the programming. This site has a couple 4103 full install guides in the Downloads
section, but they are for the older models ( with the Tach jumper and only the combined ESP / DBI combo port ).
Interesting on that Starter wire. Neither Bulldog or Omega mention anything special about the Yellow Starter wire.
I can't remember doing a 1999 RAM 1500, so I can't help you there.
Soldering is fun!
dieseldog58 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2016 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dieseldog58
This one only has the 413 modeled into it no 4X03. This one does have the TACH LEARN Threashold beside the flash light polarity. So will the 4X03 wiring work and how do you set the Tach Learn? Never seen it on one before.I have looked at other sites to and this is the only one that says anything about a relay for starter wire.
Dieseldog58
dieseldog58 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2016 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dieseldog58
This is what the12volt site says for 1999 dodge ram 1500 (Starter     Yellow or Blue / YELLOW      Ignition Switch Harness, Must Add Relay for Remote Start) have not seen this on other sites. Do I need? Oh and thanks kreg357 the 4103 wiring and guide fits this model perfect.
Dieseldog58
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2016 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Probably a typo on that listing. I did a 1998 Ram 1500 a few years ago and did not need a relay for the starter.
Only relay used was for the door locks. That Type C locks can be tricky if you don't do it often.
However, always test wires with a DMM to verify their function.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
dieseldog58 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2016 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dieseldog58
Hey thanks. Is the 451m a good way to go with the type c locks or two relays a better option?
Dieseldog58
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2016 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
For $9, I'd go with the 451M module. It's nice and compact, comes with a fuse and a good assortment of resistors. Makes things easy.
Soldering is fun!
dieseldog58 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2016 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dieseldog58
Hey thanks for all the info. Few more questions 1 is the BLACK/ White or the BLACK/ Orange the accessory wire. Bullydog says one and this site says another? and 2 Where is the natural safty switch wire located at for this truck or do I just need to hook it to ground and also is there a tach wire behind instrument cluster or do I have to go to the coil?
Dieseldog58
dieseldog58 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2017 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dieseldog58
It's in and working great. I went to the coil with tach wire and I just tested and moved key on and off to find accessory.
Dieseldog58

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic