the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Suburban dball2 door lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deggers 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2016 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deggers
Hello all,
I have a 2004 Suburban that had a Viper 5301 and dball with a slight battery drain problem. After some testing it seems as though the remote start and/or dball is the problem.
I decided to upgrade to a Viper 5706 and dball2. The remote start works fine.
The problem that I am having is the doors want to keep locking even if I have them unlocked before I remote start. The doors lock after I engage the remote start, and then they lock again after I stop the remote start.
Is this the way the dball2 is supposed to work?
If I reinstall the original dball the problem with locking is gone.
I do not have an additional relay wired for the ACC2. Does anyone know if it is required, or may be causing my problem?
Can anyone shed any light on my issue?
Thanks in advance.
deggers 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deggers
**contiued**
The doors lock five seconds after the remote start is activated, and again five seconds after.
It is acting like the Remote Start Safelock option is turned on, and it is not.
16. Remote Start Safelock 1. OFF: the Door lock and Factory Alarm Re-arm outputs will maintain the current status (locked/ unlocked) during remote start and after shut down. 2. ON: the Door lock and output will arm/lock the vehicle during after the crank output from the remote start and once again after the remote start shuts OFF.
The display on the remote also shows that the doors are unlocked while the doors are locking during the remote start and stop.
I have to push the lock / unlock button on the remote to have the LCD remote agree with the door lock condition.
I'm also getting "driver 1" and "driver 2" back and forth crap. And my security light on the dash is on for a while after a remote start stop locks the doors.
An ideas?
Thanks,
Duane
deggers 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote deggers
Solution!
I had to disable the Smart OEM Alarm Control option in the dball2, to prevent the doors from locking while a remote start was in process.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic