the12volt.com spacer
icon

67 Camaro need turn signal lights flash alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gordonr 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gordonr
I'm just putting in a Megalarm 1300 system in my 67 Camaro. It calls for the flashing lights at the turn signals and provides a split yellow wire from the brains to hook up to each of the left and right turn signal circuits. So far as I can see the turn signals are activated by the turn signal switch and 4 wires coming out of that switch each of left front, left rear, right front, and right rear. How can I hook up the alarm system to flash all four of these?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Divide each side into two using 4 X 1N5404 diodes, bands away from alarm.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2016 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
The rear are combo turn/brake. With the signal lever in neutral, the two rear are combined for brake lights. And a 67 Camaro will have either 2 or 4 rear brake/turn lights depending on trim level. Basically, if it has hide away headlights, it will have 4 red tail lights.
Use 3 (or 4) diodes. A 2 Amp to the lt blue at turn signal switch, and a 2 Amp to dk blue at turn signal switch. Bands away from the alarm module. RS or RS/SS with 4 red lights at the rear, the diode for the brake lights has to pass 7.2 amps. So use a 5 amp diode to the yellow and a 5 amp for the green wire at the turn signal switch. If there's only 2 red lights at the rear, you can use 2 amps as above, or a single 5 amp to the white wire at the turn signal switch.
I'd use the running lights rather than the turn signals for light flash, much simpler. The 67 has independent front park lights, they only come on in the park position, and are not illuminated with the tail lights and headlights. If you don't mind the front park lights on with the tail lights combine the brown and purple wires at the head light switch, and connect the light flash (+) from the alarm to this junction. If you want them to remain separate the way they are now, use two 2amp diodes, bands towards the lamps, from the light flash output to the brown and purple wires at headlight switch.
TLDR, but there's some options.
gordonr 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2016 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gordonr
Thanks for the input guys....I checked my car out and it apparently has the American Autowire setup in it. Interesting to note that with AAW the parking lights run with the headlights on, as I do remember in my last 67 Camaro they did not, as that one had stock wiring.
I checked the schematics for the AAW setup and it's got a separate brown park wire lead to the dashboard, not a stock setup but seems for the "Dakota" dashboard gauges setup. So, I pull the dash cluster down....gotta do it anyway as will have to bolt in the new soft dash pad. Then I can hook up the "flash" to that brown parking light wire and it should flash them all.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic