the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1994 Lexus LS400 4806V remote start troubles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Watched the video.
Get rid of the blue quick clamps.
Did you change the source for the tach?
Maybe turn the engine sensing to voltage or turn it off for the moment until you get the remote start function figured out.
Those quick connectors are a headache to start with and will continue to be one.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
ls400club 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2016 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
I still have the tach wire connected to the black wire behind the instrument cluster. I'm beginning to think that I be no choice but to run the wire to the engine bay and connect it to the black wire at the igniter. I'd hate to go through all that trouble and still have the remote start not work... I do have the systems engine checking set to tachometer. I'll try changing it to off or voltage sense.
ls400club 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2016 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
That blue ttap is actually the only one I have left in the car because I removed all the others that didn't work well lmao. It's connecting the starter wire from the module to the car's starter wire.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2016 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
The vehicle starts, but the starter keeps running.
1. Is the system programmed for engine checking off or virtual tach voltage sense? When programmed
for either of these features, the engine cranks for the pre programmed crank time regardless of how
long it takes for the vehicle to actually start. Adjust to a lower cranking time.
2. Was the Tach Learn successful? The LED must light solid and bright to indicate a successful learn.
3. Make sure that there is a tach signal at the PURPLE / white tach input wire of the remote start. If there
is not a tach signal, recheck the connection to the vehicle’s tach wire and make sure the wire is not
broken or shorted to ground leading to the remote start.
4. Is an ignition or accessory output wire connected to the starter wire of the vehicle? Verify the color
of the starter wire in the vehicle and confirm that an ignition or an accessory output is not connected
to that wire
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
ls400club 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2016 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
UPDATE: I took my LS to Best Buy finally and the people from Geek Squad couldn't figure it out either $80.00 later. Apparently the remote start sequence works more often when the car is in virtual tach mode rather than just tach sense mode. He used the Bitwriter tool to program the system to only crank for 0.6 seconds no matter what. The car still continued to crank indefinitely even with it set to ONLY crank for 0.6 seconds. He thinks that it might be faulty. HE also checked all of the remote start connections and soldered a few.
ls400club 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2017 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
(Final UPDATE) I finally figured out the problem with the old 94 LS. the tach signal behind the instrument cluster worked perfectly and no hood pin was needed. All of the wires were connected properly to begin with. The system is set to tach sense for the remote start. Also, no bypass was needed for the security system. The problem was actually in the electrical ignition switch. Some of the contacts inside were touching where they weren't supposed to be which caused the starter to crank indefinitely. I was able to recreate the indefinite cranking by using a flat head screw driver to manipulate the switch in different directions once I removed it from the back of the lock cylinder. I took it apart and cleaned it and now my remote start works as it should!! Here's a picture of the part.
1994 Lexus LS400 4806V remote start troubles - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic