the12volt.com spacer
icon

What am I missing? - Viper 211HV and push button

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sierranevada40 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sierranevada40
davep. wrote:
sierranevada40 wrote:
But when the switch is pressed, it will feed +12v into the 211's 87a grounded terminal and fry it, correct?
100% correctomundo. Howie's way won't work with your present type switch. That's why I suggested the relay solution. It works with the present, already installed switch.
howie ll wrote:
And here's a much simpler method using your switch and no relays.
I just looked at the install instructions and it has built in relays so:-
I thought of your way too, Howie. His dash switch is N.O. so he CAN'T use "his switch" with the HV211 internal relays. Rather than go into all that, and him having to find and install a different dash switch, I made it work with what he already has. One can source and put relays anywhere. So "my way" is simpler. Because he doesn't have to find and install a N.C. switch.
Thank you both so much. I will use the relay method. The switch I'm using is one of about 20 Carling laser etched switches that all match each other, so I'd really like to keep them all the same!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2016 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Fair enough,it just seemed silly to add relays to an existing unit WITH relays.
I should have thought it through more.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic