the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Scion tC Remote Start, Python 4103P

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thebull369 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2016 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thebull369
Hello, This is my first post here and am hoping one of the experts can help me out.
I have a 2006 Scion tC and am trying to install a Python 4103P Remote Car Starter. The one thing I noticed is that a lot of the wiring diagrams for this car mentions (2) Starter wires (Black and Green). The python is only looking for one starter wire.
Do I need to use both of them in order for a remote starter to work or can I just go with the Black (First starter) wire?? If I need to use both of them do I connect them both to the same connector on the python or will this python unit not work??
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
You will need to use the Purple wire from the 4 pin satellite connector, (-) 200mA Starter Output, in conjunction WITH A RELAY, for the second starter. You will be converting the negative output of that wire, (-)200mA, to a positive output to the 2nd starter wire.
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp#n2p
Here is one way to add the relay coil quenching diode from a Kreg357 install. Listed further down in the posting.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133810
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
thebull369 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thebull369
Ok I may be missing more than I thought and am confused... Just to confirm, here is what I have currently as far as my mapping from Remote Starter to the Scion tC. This doesnt include the bypass I need to install as well: Can you help correct the areas I may be wrong, I dont find a lot of documentation on what some of these connectors on the pythin actually correlate to:
Remote Start Wiring Scion tC
Main Harness - 9 pin connector
H1/1 (Lght GREEN/ Black) (-) 200mA Factor Alarn Disarm -> ???
H1/2 (Grn/Wht) (-) 200 mA Factory Alarm Rearm -> ???
H1/3 (Yellow) (+) Ignition Out (to alarm) -> ???
H1/4 (Wht/Blue) Activation Input -> ??
H1/5 (Orange) (-) 500mA Ground When Locked/Anti-Grind Output -> ???
H1/6 (Brown) (-) 200mA Horn Output -> Horn Switch (White) (-)
H1/7 (RED / Wht) (-) 200mA Trunk Release Output -> Driver kick, gry 12 pin plug, pin 12
H1/8 (Black) Ground -> Ground in Scion
H1/9 (White) (+/-) Light Flash Output -> Headlight Switch (Brown) (-)
Door Lock - 3 pin connector
1 (Lt Blue) (-) Unlock -> driver kick, 20 pin plug, pin 14 (purple to pink)
2 Empty
3 (Green) (-) Lock -> driver kick, 20 pin plug, pin 15
Heavy Gauge Relay 6 pin connector
H2/1 (Pink) Output to primary ignition circuit -> Ignition Harness (Blue) (+)
H2/2 (Purple) Output to Starter Circuit -> Ignition Harness (Black) (+)
H2/3 (Orange) Output to Accessory Circuit -> Ignition harness (Gray) (+)
H2/4 (Red) (+) 30A High-Current 12V Input -> Ignition Harness (Red 30A) (+)
H2/5 (Pink/Wht) Output to Second Ignition/Accessory Circuit -> Ignition Harness (Yellow)
H2/6 (Red) (+) 30A High-Current 12V Input -> Ignition Harness (White 25A) (+)
Satellite harness 4 pin connector (No idea what this is for wasnt planning on using it)
1 (Blue) (-) 200mA Status Output -> ???
2 (Orange) (-) 200mA Accessory Output -> ???
3 (Purple) (-) 200mA Starter Output -> ???
4 (Pink) (-) 200mA Ignition Output -> ???
Remote Start harness 5 pin connector
H3/1 (Blk/Wht) (-) Neutral Safety Switch Input -> Not used?
H3/2 (Wiolet/Wht) Tachometer Input Wire -> Data Link Conn, under dah, pin 9 (black)
H3/3 (Brown) (+) Brake Shutdown Input Wire -> Brake Pedal Switch (Black)
H3/4 (Gray) (-) Hood Pin Switch Shutdown Wire -> Not used
H3/5 (Blue/Wht) (-) 200 mA 2nd Status/Rear Defogger -> Not used??
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Is the car automatic or manual? Does it have a factory alarm? Power door locks? ect....
thebull369 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thebull369
Automatic
Factory Alarm: Yes (It has the key with the buttons on it as well)
Power Door Locks: Yes
smokeman1 
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
As always, Test and Verify all wires for the function prior to making connections, (Starter, Ignition, Accessory, ect...)
Don't use t-taps, quick connects.
One wire at a time, solder and tape.
H1/1 to Keysense...Black (-)
H1/9 to Brown (+)...you have it listed as Negative, Typo?
H1/3..I am not sure on this one, maybe someone else can chime in
H2/4 & 6 to a 12 volt constant source. You have two listed, which is fine. I don't see a listing for a white 12 volt source.
Satellite harness:
1. Blue to Bypass Module
3. Purple for second Starter Relay...
on the small 4 pin satellite harness there is a small purple wire that is the negative control for the relay
converting a negative output to a positive output https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp#n2p
you will need to add a quenching diode to the relay across pins 85 and 86, band facing 86.
H3/1 to chassis ground is Automatic Transmission
H3/3 to Brake Positive wire. Listed as Blue(+), yours says black, Typo?
H3/4 You should connect this very important safety feature.
Will not allow Remote Starter to start if hood is open.
Could save someone from a serious injury.
thebull369 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thebull369
Couple of items / questions:
Here is the page I used for matching to the Scion tC wiring https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=59369
H1/9 to Brown... According to the wiring chart in the link I gave it says this wire in the Headlight Switch is Brown and (-) if wanted the positive one I would go to top of fuse box.
H2/4 & 6 - I dont follow your question about a white wire... according to the link in this msg the White wire in the ignition harness is 12 volts
H3/3 was a typo, thank you
H3/4 according to the link in this msg it says N/A for this, not sure where I would hook it up.
smokeman1 
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
H2/4 & 6, Just going by your posting listing a White and a Red 12 volt source.
H1/9 Parking light, Brown(+), just going by the wiring guides I looked at. That being said, regardless of what source or posting you use to reference the wires, you need to test, with a DMM, the wires you will be using for both function and polarity.
Wiring guides are a GUIDE. Wires in vehicle could be different than listed, faded over time, ect.
Two free sources listed below.
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiringsearch.asp
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
H3/4 connects to a hood pin that came with the remote starter. That wire gets run out to the engine compartment. When installed properly, it will prevent the remote starter from activating while the hood is open. Possibly preventing someone getting hurt while working in the engine compartment.
thebull369 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2016 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thebull369
Hey again, I have almost everything working except for the door locks. Do you have any information on where these wires are located (maybe a picture or something)? I think this is also causing the remote start to not work properly. For example, this morning we started the car and the factory alarm went off. I think it was because the remote start isnt deactivating the alarm? I want to make sure the doors are locked though when so I need the locks to work.
Any ideas? Thanks for all of the other help it really helped us get to this point.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic