the12volt.com spacer
icon

purple starter output wire, avital 4103

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikec4793 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikec4793
I installed a reman avital 4103. I learned the tack wire. When starting with remote start, my starter stays engaged. I checked the purple starter output wire in the heavy guage harness and found that I have constant Power on that wire. Is this circuit suppose to be 12v constant? Im am thinking not and that there is a problem with the box itself.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
The purple starter wire should not be constant power. It should only get powered when the remote start is engaged then shut down after start just like your starter wire does. What kind of car are we working with and how is everything wired ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
mikec4793 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikec4793
03 toyota camry 4cyl. no transponder. so install without bypass. pink to blk/red. purple to blk/w. orange to blk/red. red to w/red. pink/w to blk/y. red to blk/red
mikec4793 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikec4793
i apologize. currently at work. will post detailed wire connections i performed later this evening after work.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2016 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
OK from your description it looks like you may have some incorrect wiring
its been a while since I've done one of these cars so I'm going by Bulldogsecurity website for info so I could be wrong
12v is WHITE/ red which should go to both red wires   unless there is a second 12v at the switch then split it up between the 2
Ignition is BLACK/ red this wire should go to the pink wire
Ignition 2 is BLACK / YELLOW this should go to the Pink/white wire   (default setting is ignition)
ACC is blue/red this should go to the orange wire
this car has 2 starter wires one is BLACK/ white I would put the purple here
starter 2 is BLACK / YELLOW which on the 4103 there is no second starter output so a relay is needed
on the small 4 pin satellite harness there is a small purple wire that is the negative control for the relay
converting a negitive output to a positive output
you will need to add a quenching diode to the relay across pins 85 and 86 band facing 86
Notice the second starter and second ignition are the same color and if I remember correctly there the same size so make sure your testing EVERYTHING before connecting.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
mikec4793 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2016 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikec4793
just installed my replacement remote start found that the purple wire was not hot. programmed and learned tac and remote start works fine. i had a faulty remote start the first time around. thank you chev for your response and help. greatly appreciated.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic