the12volt.com spacer
icon

Starter interrupt on Avital 4103 installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
billy_hack 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote billy_hack
Hi all,
I'm planning to install a starter interrupt circuit on my existing Avital 4103 installation, which is working perfectly. I plan to use the orange H1/5 (500mA GROUND WHEN LOCKED/ANTI-GRIND OUTPUT) as the ground source on the relay coil, but I'm wondering what's the best ignition source (12VDC) to use for the coil. Should I get the ignition voltage from the pink, heavy gauge wire on H2 (H2/1), or from the yellow H1/3 (Ignition out (to alarm))? Does it matter? Any comments welcome. thanks in advance.
Billy
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I would use the same wire you have the pink remote start ignition going to
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
billy_hack 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote billy_hack
I appreciate your response, but is there a reason you would connect to the pink H2/1 rather than the yellow H1/3 (Ignition out (to alarm))? I'm wondering if you know something about the behavior of H1/3 or it's current load capacity or anything else that would steer you away from it. Just curious.
Billy
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Ignition out to alarm is typically used with an aftermarket alarm.
This wire provides a + 12 Volt output when the ignition key is turned to the “ON” position when remote start is not running, and 0 Volts when the ignition key is “OFF” when remote start is not running and 0 Volts when the vehicle is running under the control of the remote starter. This wire should be connected to the ignition input of an after market alarm system. This output will allow you to remote start the vehicle while leaving the alarm armed while running under control of the remote start.
If you intend for this starter interrupt relay to provide the antigrind function during remote start, the relay will not operate (open) during remote start because Ignition out will be providing 0 Volts and the relay will not be energized.
Chev is correct, the way to hook up this relay is to use the heavy gauge Pink Ignition out wire to power the relay.
Lectric Guy
billy_hack 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote billy_hack
Lectric Guy
That's a great explanation. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Billy
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2016 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
How about the key side starter wire for the (+) side of the coil? Only 3 wires on the relay. And the relay can only be activated during start, not by unintended faults on the GWA wire at other times. Nor can the IGN circuit be affected by unintended faults on the wiring to the interrupt relay.
billy_hack 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2016 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote billy_hack
That's a very interesting approach. Haven't seen it anywhere before. I don't really see any downside to implementing it as you suggest. thanks
Billy

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic