the12volt.com spacer
icon

adding an amp and a sub in truck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rodgers 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2016 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rodgers
Hi,
I'm familliar with car steroe install but not adding sub and amp to factory radio. so I want to add a sub and an amp in my truck keeping the Oem radio in it, my truck is a 2016 f150 non sony.
I have an old amp that I want tu reusse to power my shallow mount sub, Alpine mrp-f250, it's a 4x50 watt amp, can I power a sub with this amp? and if I can, what sub is the best for this amp ex: 300w dual coil sub.
I want to tap in rear speaker wire to get signal (rear left + and real right -)my anp riquire rca input, do it exist an line to rca adaptor?
Do I need to connect the remote wire?
for more detail and picture of my amp you can visit this page http://www.f150forum.com/f30/2016-screw-sub-add-help-365261/
Thanks for your help!!
wisco_install91 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2016 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wisco_install91
Hi there,
You will need something called a LOC (line output converter). This will take the high level signal form your stereo and convert it to a low level. The ones I always install are the PAC ones and never have any issues with them. http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1184&CategoryID=28 however there are a lot of them on the market that will do the job fine. As far as the remote wire is concerned you will need to tap into a switched 12 volt source (a wire that has 12 volts with the key on and nothing when it is off) I don't have access to the wires of your truck because I'm not at work but I'm sure someone can chime in with that information.
Tell me again about your 5,000 watt amp you got for $99.00

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic