the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Secure Takeover for 4th generation Lexus GS?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rkenimer 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rkenimer
I have been looking into remote starts for my car, but what I have seen so far is that no manufacturers seem to have an option for secure Takeover on my 2013 GS450h. Do any of you guys know of a product that supports this?
I don't like the idea of having to shut down the car and then start it again any time I remote start it.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
It is possible but not recommended. There are two reasons that all bypass module manufactures make their solutions
shutdown the remote started engine as soon as a door is opened. The main reason was that the vehicles computer
gets upset and might set some codes. The other reason is that it is possible to remote start the vehicle, unlock
the doors and then get in and drive away without the Smart-Key. If you realize you don't have the Smart-Key with
you after you park and exit the vehicle, you are SOL.
Anyway here is a link to the early Fortin solution that uses an EVO-ALL and an INT-SL+ bypass module :
http://fortin.ca/download/3431/evo-all_ig_reg_bi_toy_gs350-gs460-2009-2012_pts_a_3431.pdf
Not positive that it will work on your 2013 GS450h. The guide only lists up to 2012 and I've never tried it.
Soldering is fun!
rkenimer 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rkenimer
2012 is the previous generation, which I also owned and installed a remote start on. That previous generation did allow for secure takeover and I got it working perfectly with an EVO-ALL. However, the the new generation GS, I don't know if it is possible, and I sure hope someone has a trick to make it work because I'm going to miss that feature if I can't have it.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic