the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 corolla after market remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cekegren88 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cekegren88
I havent been able to track down my instruction manual and i dont know what brand my remote start is. There is no security system on the vehicle. The car is a 2007 toyota corolla s. My dad is a toyota mechanic and he installed the after market remote start about 2009 and there has never been an issue with it until the end of last winter. I replaced the battery 2 mos ago and still having issues. Havent been able to go see him since he lives far and was hoping i could resolve this without making the trip. Issues seem to be happening more when its cold but i also dont use it in the summer so im not too sure if that is having an effect. Heres the issues:
1. Press remote start button. Car starts running and immediatly shuts off. This repeats 3 times.
2. If i get lucky and the car stays running, the starter also stays engaged until i run out there and shut it off or press the button again to shut it off.
*i have tried to place the key in the ignition and then initiate the remote start to see if that made a difference. The car started and the starter stayed engaged so i had to shut it off.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
We need to know what system you have. It sounds like a tach issue to me.   Is there a wire running to an injector or coil under the hood ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
cekegren88 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cekegren88
yes it does have a wire running to the motor somewhere
cekegren88 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cekegren88
My fob says Prestige on it but i dont know any more about the brand/model other than that right now.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
You would need to find out the model number you have and try to reprogram the tach setting. You may need to go to a slightly higher rpm during tach learn or you may need to try a different tach source for the remote start if it still doesn't like where is connected to.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
cekegren88 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cekegren88
ok thanks. I'm just curious though, why after all these years of working fine would i need to reprogram it?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic