the12volt.com spacer
icon

k9 alarm, program new remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
k9doggie 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2016 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote k9doggie
i lost my remote and i got a new one but im not able to go into the programming mode. i read somewhere that if it wont go into programming mode then it should have a jumper that deactivates that feature. i need help finding where it is if that is true or to figure out what is wrong
Those who wake up early live a good life
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2016 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
My Crystal ball is in the shop at the moment. Can we get a model number of the alarm?
k9doggie 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2016 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote k9doggie
doodie you indeed are an idiot lool anyways i dont really know bc i got the car with the alarm already in it and i havent checked. I had this remote before http://www./itm/TESTED-Omega-K9-L2MET5A-2-Button-Remote-Fob-Transmitter-K-9-/282203027676?hash=item41b49c78dc:g:OAMAAOSwNRdX8Q~d which has a serial number and on google it showed me the manual for a mundial model so i guess thats the one. But from what i have found on this forum the programming part is pretty generic with these k9 alarms. I just threw this question to find a quick method but ill look for the alarm's model on the car itself tomorrow .
k9doggie 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2016 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote k9doggie
Cant post ebay bids on here so Omega K9 L2MET5A 2 Button Remote Fob Transmitter K-9
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2016 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
What are the steps you are doing to enter the programing mode?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
k9doggie 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2016 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote k9doggie
tried pressing the vallet button after 5 seconds, 7 seconds and 15 seconds.Pressing the button 5 times on each attempt. Those were the common methods i found. Btw everytime i press the button after waiting the seconds with the ignition on the alarm arms itself.
k9doggie 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2017 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote k9doggie
i got the k9 5 classic. im trying to program a remote for the alarm system OMEGA EXCALIBUR K9 MUNDIAL is it possible or ill have to buy a k9 5 classic transmitter"which i did but has not gotten here yet and im impatient".Also my valet switch only arms and deactivates the alarm is this the right switch ?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic