the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Camry CM7200 Starter with Blade AL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bozicka 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2016 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bozicka
After reading a lot on these forums I have decided to tackle a remote starter install myself. I like to make sure I have all my ducks in a row here before starting this as I would rather do it once then troubleshoot after. I will be using the Firstech CM7200 remote starter with the Blade AL and compustar 2 way remotes.
The blade module seems to simplify adding a remote start to this car by only needing can communication, parking lights, and key code wires. Which I am ok with. The 2 starter and 2 IG wires is where I get a little confused.
For my CN1 connector on the CM7200 this is how I planned to wire just the remote start portion.
Pin8- Ground
Pin7- +12v Ignition (Output/Input)- IG1 Wire Does the input/output indicate I need to cut the wire and connect in-between? Or just strip and solder together.
Pin6- +12v Starter- Starter 1 Wire on connector
Pin5- Ignition 2 Wire-iG2 on connector
Pin4- is a selectable jumper which defaults to accessory which i don't really mind if my radio turns on while remote starting so I was hoping to move the jumper to Starter and use it as my 2nd starter wire.
Pin3- 12V constant- WAs either going to fuse it down to 30Amps from my 120AMp power wire or use the 30AMP black AM2 connection at the Ignition switch.
Pin2- Parking light output Selectable by jumper- I could also switch this to Starter instead of using pin 4 because shouldn't the BLADE take care of my parking light output.
Pin1- 12v constant- So can i use the 30amp fuse for both 12V constant wires?
Will be testing all wires before hand just trying to make sure i have an understanding of which wires go where before I dig into this. Thanks for taking time to check this out and hopefully provide a success.
bozicka 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2016 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bozicka
Here was link to the manual for the CM7200 because the image quality of the connectors is so low on google.
https://techfeed.compustar.com/ft_controllers/.../CM7200_Full_Install_3.00_EN.pdf
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Think you have it figured out.
No wires have to be cut, just tap / add the wires.
Pin8- Ground
Pin7- Green +12v Ignition (Output/Input)- IG1 Wire Pink @ Ign Switch
Pin6- Yellow +12v Starter- Starter 1 Wire Blue @ Ign Switch
Pin5- Blue Ignition 2 Wire-iG2 Yellow @ Ign Switch
Pin4- White Accessory White @ Ign Switch
Pin3- Red 12V constant- Black AM2 connection at the Ignition switch.
Pin2- GREEN / WHITE Parking light output Selectable by jumper- set Jumper to Starter2 Gray @ Ign Switch
Pin1- 12v constant- to 120 Amp wire @ fuse box
Soldering is fun!
bozicka 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bozicka
Thanks, I get my remotes tomorrow will be installing this weekend got my weblink cable and flashed my bypass ill be sure to take good pictures and post up a pictorial!
bozicka 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2016 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bozicka
Also any recommendations for stealing power from that white wire its pretty big.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2016 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I manage to solder on a 12 gauge wire from the R/S unit to that thick White wire but you could try a few things.
1. Being as it only a R/S w/keyless system and using (-) Parking Lights, combine the two +12 Volt input wires from the CM7200-s into one wire, leaving a single fuse at 30 Amps and make one connection to the Black 30 Amp wire at the ignition switch harness. It should handle the R/S output load.
2. Look for another, thinner but still 12 or 14 gauge +12V constant power wire by the fuse box or in the drivers kick panel area. If the car has power seats, that wire is a good alternate choice. Typically, the power seat isn't going to be adjusted during R/S run time.
3. Disconnect the vehicles battery for safety ( I usually do installs hot ) and temporarily disconnect that thick White wire. Remove enough insulation from an easily accessible section ( about 1" ) to be able to separate the strands into two groups ( 70 / 30 split is OK ). Might have to twist the White wire a bit to un-wind the strands. Now you can do a poke & twist with the R/S wire on that 30% section. You can solder this point or if you get several wraps and make them tight enough, just wrap with 3M Super 33+ tape and add a couple or tie wraps to secure everything.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic